Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to contest; to contend against another; to participate in a contest
compete
reprove
remain
reach
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

looking up information

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
proof reading on Weather. Pls check. Thanks | meaning of The final fraction is ‘fines’ – nameless dust.
listening exercises
looking up information #1 (permalink) Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:44 pm   looking up information

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #140 "Idioms with the phrasal verb look", question 1

Students were instructed to use the Internet to ......... some information about Australia for the class project.

(a) to look after
(b) to look over
(c) to look into
(d) to look up

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #140 "Idioms with the phrasal verb look", answer 1

Students were instructed to use the Internet to to look up some information about Australia for the class project.

Correct answer: (d) to look up

Your answer was: correct

the ' to' is redundant in the answer.

shu
Shu

looking up information #2 (permalink) Wed Dec 19, 2007 13:32 pm   looking up information

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know.

Alan
Co-founder
Alan Townend

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
looking up information #3 (permalink) Thu Mar 26, 2009 13:40 pm   looking up information

I realize "To look up" means to search, but which is the difference with "to browse"?
Frank Stern
You can meet me at english-test.net

looking up information #4 (permalink) Mon May 21, 2012 17:34 pm   looking up information

11.When I was chosen for the play, I was on cloud nine .
2. Mother entered the room in the nick of time .
3. He could not explain how the vase broke.Instead he was beating round the bush .

All these three sentences are correct?
Anushila
You can meet me at english-test.net

looking up information #5 (permalink) Mon May 21, 2012 21:53 pm   looking up information

The sentences are correct but you have punctuation gap errors. Spaces come after full stops and commas, not before them.
Language Coach

proof reading on Weather. Pls check. Thanks | meaning of The final fraction is ‘fines’ – nameless dust.
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
File up an application forcurb appealon walk-ins and reach-ins???now they vs. they nowlike to watch vs. like watchingWhat is a recliner?why we don't use to quit?How long does the title search take?What does the expression "find the way out" mean?Difference between possibly and probablyPlease explain this phrase: "What makes you say that, madam?"Using: others, other, anothesRobber, thief and bandit?