to contest; to contend against another; to participate in a contest
compete
reprove
remain
reach

looking up information

proof reading on Weather. Pls check. Thanks | meaning of The final fraction is ‘fines’ – nameless dust.
looking up information #1 (permalink) Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:44 pm   looking up information

ESL/EFL Test #140 "Idioms with the phrasal verb look", question 1

Students were instructed to use the Internet to ......... some information about Australia for the class project.

(a) to look after
(b) to look over
(c) to look into
(d) to look up

ESL/EFL Test #140 "Idioms with the phrasal verb look", answer 1

Students were instructed to use the Internet to to look up some information about Australia for the class project.

Correct answer: (d) to look up

_________________________

the ' to' is redundant in the answer.

shu
Shu

looking up information #2 (permalink) Wed Dec 19, 2007 13:32 pm   looking up information

Thanks for letting us know.

_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
looking up information #3 (permalink) Thu Mar 26, 2009 13:40 pm   looking up information

I realize "To look up" means to search, but which is the difference with "to browse"?
Frank Stern

Location: Mexico

looking up information #4 (permalink) Mon May 21, 2012 17:34 pm   looking up information

11.When I was chosen for the play, I was on cloud nine .
2. Mother entered the room in the nick of time .
3. He could not explain how the vase broke.Instead he was beating round the bush .

All these three sentences are correct?
Anushila

looking up information #5 (permalink) Mon May 21, 2012 21:53 pm   looking up information

The sentences are correct but you have punctuation gap errors. Spaces come after full stops and commas, not before them.
_________________

File up an application forcurb appealon walk-ins and reach-ins???now they vs. they nowlike to watch vs. like watchingWhat is a recliner?why we don't use to quit?How long does the title search take?What does the expression "find the way out" mean?Difference between possibly and probablyPlease explain this phrase: "What makes you say that, madam?"Using: others, other, anothesRobber, thief and bandit?