seminar; brief intensive educational program; discussion group
research
skill
course
workshop

Difference between finish and end

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

At the end of the road | Difference between finished and ended
Difference between finish and end #1 (permalink) Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:21 am   Difference between finish and end

Test No. incompl/elem-5 "Finish/End", question 1

The brothers will ......... school both together at the end of this year.

(a) end
(b) ending
(c) finish
(d) finishes

Test No. incompl/elem-5 "Finish/End", answer 1

The brothers will finish school both together at the end of this year.

Correct answer: (c) finish

_________________________

Your tests are really excelents!
Can you explain to me what is the best context for using FINISH and what for END (as verbs).

Osvaldo
Osvaldo

Difference between finish and end #2 (permalink) Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:59 am   Difference between finish and end

Hello Osvaldo,

Many thanks for your positive feedback. Please take a look at this link: end vs finish

TOEFL listening discussions: An assistant lecturer talking to a new student

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Difference between finish and end #3 (permalink) Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:30 am   Difference between finish and end

(a) end
(b) ending
(c) finish
(d) finishes

The brothers will finsih school both together at the end of this year.

Correct answer: (c) finish

your sentence:
The brothers will end school both together at the end of this year.
hani

Difference between finish and end #4 (permalink) Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:28 am   Difference between finish and end

well my answer was correct so thx a lot :lol:
Justicewoman

Difference between finish and end #5 (permalink) Tue Sep 16, 2008 13:50 pm   Difference between finish and end

hani,
check Mr. Torsten's reply click on link Finish Vs End ... or paste foll address in your browser address bar

http://www.english-test.net/forum/ftopic707.html

annu
Anubala

Difference between finish and end #6 (permalink) Tue Sep 16, 2008 13:56 pm   Difference between finish and end

Hi Friends
I have scored 9 out of 10 in first attempt and in second attempt after reading discussion its 10 out of 10.
annu
Anubala

Difference between finish and end #7 (permalink) Tue Sep 16, 2008 14:40 pm   Difference between finish and end

Hi Annu,

That's great to hear. Please also pay attention to the difference between its and it's.

TOEIC listening, photographs: A snowmobile

Difference between finish and end #8 (permalink) Tue Sep 16, 2008 17:47 pm   Difference between finish and end

Hi Mr. Toresten

My score was 7 out of10 at the first time,and thanks alot becuse I wasn,t knew the different between finish and end very good.
Thanks alot,
Rehab
Rehab Amer

Difference between finish and end #9 (permalink) Tue Oct 07, 2008 17:12 pm   Difference between finish and end

I have 3 of 10 correct... I am feeling so sad!!!
Hoangthachhan

Difference between finish and end #10 (permalink) Tue Oct 07, 2008 17:22 pm   Difference between finish and end

Hi hoangthachhan,

Welcome to english-test.net and many thanks for sharing your test results with us. There is no need to feel sad because when you repeat the test you can improve your score. How often have you tried the test so far? Also, have you read any of the explanations posted here on the forum?

TOEIC listening, photographs: In the workshop

Difference between finish and end #11 (permalink) Tue Oct 07, 2008 17:54 pm   Difference between finish and end

Thank Mr Torsten. I realy surprise that you answer me as immediately. I try to learn english better.
Hoangthachhan

Difference between finish and end #12 (permalink) Thu Oct 23, 2008 0:20 am   Difference between finish and end

Hi,everyone.I had 7 correct answers at my first attempt ,but at the second one ,thanks to your explanations,I succesfully resolved the test.I hope I will be able to distinguish the two verbs in the future
Best wishes :wink:
Ioni

finished with each other #13 (permalink) Thu Oct 23, 2008 22:24 pm   finished with each other

I got 7 out of 10 correctly.In first instance, why did we use "finished instead of ended "in this sentence?.Then what is the difference between "finish and end".I'm a little bit confuse.

best regards
Pdarlyn1

finished with each other #14 (permalink) Fri Oct 24, 2008 0:46 am   finished with each other

Hi Pdarlyn,

Have a look here to find out about the difference.

Take care,

Ralf
_________________
Test of English as a Foreign Language
TOEFL Preparation & TOEFL Vocabulary
Learn more: How to Become an English Teacher
Ralf
Ralf Breheny

Location: the world

Difference between finish and end #15 (permalink) Fri Oct 24, 2008 15:13 pm   Difference between finish and end

In that particular question, 'both' really isn't necessary. If it were to be used at all, the best place would be after 'will'.
Jimb0678

Location: England

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Meaning of 'most out of'?The meaning of 'roll class'?Why use "all of the flowers" instead of "all the flowers"?'as soon as' vs 'when'Word order in indirect questionsUn-hot vs. coldGet used to vs. get held toMeaning of grantingMeaning of "I'm doing fine"What does blow mean?Want to find out who drove the red carDifference between finish and end, page 6Difference between finish and end, page 5