assembly; board; group of people (gathered to advise, plan, etc.)
substantive
council
expertise
substitute

Meaning of happy-go-lucky

Still vs. quiet | Lead you to believe
Meaning of happy-go-lucky #1 (permalink) Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:26 am   Meaning of happy-go-lucky

Test No. incompl/inter-93 "Hotchpotch", question 4

He's the sort of person who never worries about anything and has a happy ......... disposition.

(a) over-heels
(b) tempered
(c) disposed
(d) go-lucky

Test No. incompl/inter-93 "Hotchpotch", answer 4

He's the sort of person who never worries about anything and has a happy go-lucky disposition.

Correct answer: (d) go-lucky

He's the sort of person who never worries about anything and has a happy tempered disposition.
_________________________

go lucky disposition? please expain...
Also, what happens when I lose the dash here?
Rich7

Location: Caracas, Venezuela

Meaning of happy-go-lucky #2 (permalink) Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:14 am   Meaning of happy-go-lucky

Happy go-lucky (or happy-go-lucky) is an adjective meaning carefree, free of responsibilities, cheerful. It's usually written with one or even two hyphens for more clarity.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between two students in their first class of the term

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Happy go lucky #3 (permalink) Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:23 am   Happy go lucky

Kind of American "easy going" isn't it?
Rich7

Location: Caracas, Venezuela

Still vs. quiet | Lead you to believe
Is benefit an uncountable noun?Meaning of to deal withReach the endWhat does 'regarded' mean in this context?Difference between squabble and quibbleMeaning of any other businessMeaning of what on earthMeaning of under the weatherMeaning of make forMeaning of finished off quicklyHow do we use this construction: "as fast as possible" (as adverb as)Difference between launderette and laundererMeaning of off sick