financial assistance
command
subsidy
accomplishment
factor

Meaning of finished off quickly

How do we use this construction: "as fast as possible" (as adverb as) | Meaning of make for
Meaning of finished off quickly #1 (permalink) Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:48 pm   Meaning of finished off quickly

Test No. incompl/elem-5 "Finish/End", question 5

It didn't take long for the children to ......... off the cakes and pastries that had not been eaten at the party.

(a) end
(b) ending
(c) finish
(d) finishing

Test No. incompl/elem-5 "Finish/End", answer 5

It didn't take long for the children to finish off the cakes and pastries that had not been eaten at the party.

Correct answer: (c) finish

_________________________

What does this sentence mean?
jorien_

Meaning of finished off quickly #2 (permalink) Wed Jan 26, 2005 13:11 pm   Meaning of finished off quickly

The children ate the cakes and pastries very fast. They devoured the food.

TOEIC listening, photographs: Tram

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Difference between squabble and quibbleMeaning of any other businessMeaning of what on earthMeaning of under the weatherStill vs. quietDifference between launderette and laundererLead you to believeMeaning of off sickMeaning of off-handIf you mention...Meaning of happy-go-luckyMeaning of allowing forDifference between checkout and sales point