to make level; to smooth; to balance
doubt
even
sink
respect

anywhere vs somewhere

what do 'ill timed' and 'ill gotten' mean? | How to answer the question 'How do you do?'
anywhere vs somewhere #1 (permalink) Fri Jan 04, 2008 0:03 am   anywhere vs somewhere

ESL/EFL Test #147 "Compound words: someone, anyone, somewhere", question 5

I have never been ......... more beautiful than Thailand.

(a) anywhere
(b) nowhere
(c) somewhere
(d) everywhere

ESL/EFL Test #147 "Compound words: someone, anyone, somewhere", answer 5

I have never been anywhere more beautiful than Thailand.

Correct answer: (a) anywhere
_________________________

Why is anywhere the only correct answer. Why can't you say somewhere?

Iglesias
Iglesias

anywhere vs somewhere #2 (permalink) Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:00 am   anywhere vs somewhere

.
'Somewhere' is used for affirmative statements, but this sentence is negative ('never').
.
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
what percentage/formula is used for the employer when figuring the employers FICA'turn left' vs 'turn wrong'explanation of the word jeopardywhat is parking in securities trading practices?When do you use something and when do you use anything?Why is 'execute' not appropriate?meaning of wizard'applied for this job' vs 'interested in this job'What's the meaning of blow me down?What is a database?Expression: I feel like taking the air at the momentWhat's the meaning of foreshadowing?It should be any child why it is any children