anyway; anyhow; still; all the same
nevertheless
throughout
usually
abroad

Usage of the phrase "riding a bike"

what is the difference between "during" and "through"? | ways of saying "out to lunch"
Usage of the phrase "riding a bike" #1 (permalink) Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:47 am   Usage of the phrase "riding a bike"

Hi Everyone,

First of all thank you so much for your continuous help. You're a great help for me. Thanks!

my topic now: riding a bike.

1. Is it possible to leave out the word 'bike' beside 'ride'?
e.g: 'I have a bike. My 2008 resolution is, that I will ride it more'.

2. is it possible to say sports facility in the following context?:
Cycling is one of the best sports facilities. OR Cycling is one of the best sport. / or sports (?).

3. go cycling - is a common expression?
I often go cycling in the mountains.

Thanks a lot again!
by,
Liza
Liza

riding a bike #2 (permalink) Mon Jan 07, 2008 22:49 pm   riding a bike

1. If everyone knows what "it" means, you can definitely leave out the word "bike".

2. A "sports facility" is a building where people do sports, so it's a gym, a track, a play field or a fitness center. So, no, you can't use "sports facility" in the way you were thinking. You can say, "Cycling is one of the best sport activities."

3. "Go cycling" is a very common expression. That sentence was perfect.

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Can a hawk observe its prey?Meaning of would (The speed of the rise in temperature would be far faster...)Using the word "AFTER" as a preposition of placelie v.s. layis Experience countable?"During" vs "Through"The usage of 'would'without vs unlessstationer's vs stationary shop vs paper shopPrepositions of time and place: in, on, at, and after. When do we use them?Expressing reconsideration at the end of a sentence.correct me please: it is the official policy not to collect such data"what for" vs "for what"