to explain; to clarify; to limit; to set boundaries
mention
improve
define
advance

Expressing reconsideration at the end of a sentence.

"what for" vs "for what" | correct me please: it is the official policy not to collect such data
Expressing reconsideration at the end of a sentence. #1 (permalink) Mon Jan 07, 2008 20:58 pm   Expressing reconsideration at the end of a sentence.

Can I add "I hope." or "I think." at the end of a sentence? Is it considered proper english?

e.g.:
    Bill Clinton can play the guitar. I think.
    I will have no problem sleeping early tonight. I hope.

My mind goes blank and cannot figure this one out. Intuitively it sounds fine to me but I can't tell if it's the English student or native Greek in me issuing the confirmation.

Of course I am talking about speaking or informal writing(e.g. forum posting, friendly messages,etc.).
Thanos

Expressing reconsideration at the end of a sentence. #2 (permalink) Mon Jan 07, 2008 22:04 pm   Expressing reconsideration at the end of a sentence.

Yes, you can do it.

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
lie v.s. layThe usage of 'would'without vs unlessstationer's vs stationary shop vs paper shopPrepositions of time and place: in, on, at, and after. When do we use them?what is the difference between "during" and "through"?ways of saying "out to lunch"worth a short or worth the shotUsage of the phrase "riding a bike"first/second year student vs. in his/her first/second yearknow in the Past Perfect Continuous'The success of the Eric Canal spurred an area of canal building.' Help!The verb aim...