Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

except; besides; but
behind
beyond
concerning
save
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

stationer's vs stationary shop vs paper shop

ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
correct me please: it is the official policy not to collect such data | Prepositions of time and place: in, on, at, and after. When do we use them?
listening exercises
stationer's vs stationary shop vs paper shop #1 (permalink) Mon Jan 07, 2008 22:35 pm   stationer's vs stationary shop vs paper shop

Hi,

Could you tell me which is correct?

1. I work in a stationer`s.
2. I work at a stationer`s.
3. I work in a stationery shop.
4. I work at a stationery shop.
5. I work in a paper shop.
6. I work at a paper shop.

Thanks a lot
Liza
Liza
I'm here quite often ;-)

stationer's vs stationary shop vs paper shop #2 (permalink) Mon Jan 07, 2008 22:44 pm   stationer's vs stationary shop vs paper shop

The only ones that are bad are 5 and 6.

1 through 4 are fine, except that you need to use an apostrophe instead of a grave accent mark.
Jamie (K)
I'm a Communicator ;-)

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
correct me please: it is the official policy not to collect such data | Prepositions of time and place: in, on, at, and after. When do we use them?
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
lie v.s. layis Experience countable?"During" vs "Through"The usage of 'would'without vs unlesswhat is the difference between "during" and "through"?Expressing reconsideration at the end of a sentence.ways of saying "out to lunch""what for" vs "for what"worth a short or worth the shotUsage of the phrase "riding a bike"first/second year student vs. in his/her first/second yearknow in the Past Perfect Continuous