distinguishing mark; unique ability; area of expertise
specialty
fortune
transaction
consciousness

why is "go out lonely" an incorrect variant?

realistic vs unachievable | What is the meaning by up in the air?
why is "go out lonely" an incorrect variant? #1 (permalink) Sun Jan 13, 2008 13:19 pm   why is "go out lonely" an incorrect variant?

Common Errors in English, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #9 "This way and that", question 10

For the rest of their long married life my grandmother never let him go out lonely ever again.

(a) For the rest
(b) married life
(c) let
(d) lonely

ESL/EFL Test #9 "This way and that", answer 10

For the rest of their long married life my grandmother never let him go out alone ever again.

Correct entry: alone
The error was: (d) lonely

You have not found the error.
_________________________

Katrin
Kathrin

why is "go out lonely" an incorrect variant? #2 (permalink) Sun Jan 13, 2008 14:59 pm   why is "go out lonely" an incorrect variant?

.
It does not really make sense. Loneliness is an ongoing affliction which we endure irrespective of any current activity.
.
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
since parts of each word's definition is again, does that similarity between...What does "live me in peace" mean?what does a steady aim mean?road vs wayphrasal verb "to pass away"difference between "will" and "shall"themselves vs ourselves'When you have arrived at...' vs 'When you arrive at...'What are 4 principles of Capitalism that Socialism rejects?what percentage/formula is used for the employer when figuring the employers FICA'turn left' vs 'turn wrong'explanation of the word jeopardywhat is parking in securities trading practices?