to assign too low a value to
underestimate
privatize
regulate
box

phrasal verb "to pass away"

What are 4 principles of Capitalism that Socialism rejects? | What does "live me in peace" mean?
phrasal verb "to pass away" #1 (permalink) Wed Jan 16, 2008 18:17 pm   phrasal verb "to pass away"

ESL/EFL Test #157 "Idioms with the phrasal verb pass", question 1

The World Congress of Georgian Jews yesterday announced the ......... of their head rabbi.

(a) passing through
(b) passing by
(c) passing away
(d) passing round

ESL/EFL Test #157 "Idioms with the phrasal verb pass", answer 1

The World Congress of Georgian Jews yesterday announced the passing away of their head rabbi.

Correct answer: (c) passing away
_________________________

why?

Egon
Egon

phrasal verb "to pass away" #2 (permalink) Wed Jan 16, 2008 20:16 pm   phrasal verb "to pass away"

Because to pass away is a phrasal verb that means to die.

TOEIC listening, photographs: An operating room

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
What does this expression mean: He's got it into his head?Expression: in the air means "it's not definite"?meaning of 'anything else'meaning of 'he always demands his total satisfaction'what does "non-fiction" mean?since parts of each word's definition is again, does that similarity between...what does a steady aim mean?road vs waydifference between "will" and "shall"themselves vs ourselves'When you have arrived at...' vs 'When you arrive at...'What is the meaning by up in the air?why is "go out lonely" an incorrect variant?