survey; general study; examination; inspection
conjunction
leverage
globe
review

Difference between boring and bored

sort into vs. fall into | overpass vs. intersection
Difference between boring and bored #1 (permalink) Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:38 am   Difference between boring and bored

Test No. errors/advan-1 "Give me the bill", question 7

It is important to initiate all new recruits quickly into company procedures to stop the former becoming boring.

(a) to initiate
(b) into
(c) to stop
(d) boring

Test No. errors/advan-1 "Give me the bill", answer 7

It is important to initiate all new recruits quickly into company procedures to stop the former becoming bored.

Correct entry: bored
The error was: (d) boring

You have not found the error.
_________________________

Doesn't "the former" refer to the recruits, which can only become bored, not boring? The procedures would be "the latter" and boring would not make sense as the procedures might be boring anyway, and being initiated or not would not make them more or less boring.

Boring/bored #2 (permalink) Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:15 am   Boring/bored

Sorry you've lost me! Bored is the right answer and you chose initiated.
_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Difference between boring and bored #3 (permalink) Sat Jan 29, 2005 17:31 pm   Difference between boring and bored

Sorry.
It seems that I mis-clicked. I wanted to take boring/bored, and when seeing the results, did not notice that it had registered initiated...

Difference between boring and bored #4 (permalink) Tue Feb 09, 2010 0:04 am   Difference between boring and bored

What does it mean "the former" in this case? I couldn't find proper meaning.
Leslie

Location: Russia Canada (recently)

Difference between boring and bored #5 (permalink) Tue Feb 09, 2010 0:38 am   Difference between boring and bored

Sorry. I've found the meaning. I was typing "former" instead of "the former" in dictionary window.
Leslie

Location: Russia Canada (recently)

Define export potential'A few' for countable nouns.simple past followed by simple presentAbout feline also meaning of this word Is there any animal belongs to?Why might advertising have an impact many years after it appears?with whom (or) whom ... withExpression: Eat away onDifference between yet and already? Why is "yet" not appropriate here?Meaning of 'the chickens come home to roost'Meaning of 'Blow up'It could be 'the charger is disconnected from the phone'?the difference between in, on and atSentence: Who was the woman I saw you laughing with yesterday?