Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

intermediate to; common; shared
above
below
between
save
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

That' afternoon's activities

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Accommodate vs. accumulate | Crybaby or cry baby?
listening exercises
That' afternoon's activities #1 (permalink) Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:24 am   That' afternoon's activities

Test No. errors/advan-6 "At the Conference", question 4

After breakfast on the second day there was a notice pinned up on a board near reception that indicated where the new position for that afternoon's activities would be held.

(a) notice
(b) reception
(c) position
(d) would be held

Test No. errors/advan-6 "At the Conference", answer 4

After breakfast on the second day there was a notice pinned up on a board near reception that indicated where the new location for that afternoon's activities would be held.

Correct entry: location
The error was: (c) position

You have found the error but your entry is incorrect.
After breakfast on the second day there was a notice pinned up on a board near reception that indicated where the new position for that afternoon's activities would be held.

Can a location be held?

Location #2 (permalink) Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:09 am   Location

Good point - let's change it to: that indicated the new location where that afternoon's activities would be held..

Thanks
Co-founder
Alan Townend

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Place vs location #3 (permalink) Tue Oct 11, 2005 21:57 pm   Place vs location

Can I use "place" here?
sinbadnj

Accommodate vs. accumulate | Crybaby or cry baby?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Breaking glass vs. broken glassAppearing vs. apparentlyAirlines and departuresEconomical vs. economicNeither rhyme nor reason - ShakespeareAt home vs. in the houseFuture after whenNear vs. nearlyIdiom: loud and clearThey settled in a small villageMeaning of: 'Welcome back everybody in this session'I don't understand vs. I do not understandNative vs. inhabitant