to speak out; to move into a position of readiness and availability
remit
average
fee
deploy

since parts of each word's definition is again, does that similarity between...

road vs way | Difference between raise and rise
since parts of each word's definition is again, does that similarity between... #1 (permalink) Wed Jan 23, 2008 17:36 pm   since parts of each word's definition is again, does that similarity between...

ESL/EFL Test #154 "English grammar and vocabulary questions", question 2

When we were in Bali last year we ......... at a marvelous hotel overlooking the beach.

(a) stopped
(b) lived
(c) rented
(d) stayed

ESL/EFL Test #154 "English grammar and vocabulary questions", answer 2

When we were in Bali last year we stayed at a marvelous hotel overlooking the beach.

Correct answer: (d) stayed
_________________________

To yankee: since parts of each word's definition is again, does that similarity between the two have a descriptive word?

Iglo
Iglo

since parts of each word's definition is again, does that similarity between... #2 (permalink) Wed Jan 23, 2008 23:10 pm   since parts of each word's definition is again, does that similarity between...

I presume this is a continuation of the question here:
relation between words called when the meaning of part of the word is alike?

Sorry, but no specific term comes to mind for words that share a common prefix or suffix.

If there is a specific term, perhaps someone else will be able to come up with it.
.
_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
What does Tipple and Topple mean?provider vs producerIs "it had been stolen" a rule of aplication?What if the boss is a woman?What does this expression mean: He's got it into his head?Expression: in the air means "it's not definite"?meaning of 'anything else'meaning of 'he always demands his total satisfaction'what does "non-fiction" mean?What does "live me in peace" mean?what does a steady aim mean?phrasal verb "to pass away"difference between "will" and "shall"