to perform for the first time; to make one's premiere performance
empty
debut
assemble
insure

what does "non-fiction" mean?

Difference between raise and rise | meaning of 'he always demands his total satisfaction'
what does "non-fiction" mean? #1 (permalink) Sat Jan 26, 2008 13:36 pm   what does "non-fiction" mean?

ESL/EFL Test #271 "Literary Terms (3)", question 8

Writing that is created for entertainment purposes and that is imaginative is called ..........

(a) non-fiction
(b) figurative language
(c) fiction

ESL/EFL Test #271 "Literary Terms (3)", answer 8

Writing that is created for entertainment purposes and that is imaginative is called fiction.

Correct answer: (c) fiction
_________________________

what is non-fiction?

Lieppa
Lieppa

what does "non-fiction" mean? #2 (permalink) Sat Jan 26, 2008 16:26 pm   what does "non-fiction" mean?

Hi Lieppa

Dictionaries are generally very helpful. :wink:
http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/nonfiction?view=uk
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=53977&dict=CALD
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=non-fiction&r=66

From the Cambridge Dictionary site:
non-fiction
writing that is about real events and facts, rather than stories which have been invented

This is a good website to remember:
onelook
_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
The past tense of hang, is hanged?Some examples of common nounsWhat does Tipple and Topple mean?provider vs producerIs "it had been stolen" a rule of aplication?What if the boss is a woman?What does this expression mean: He's got it into his head?Expression: in the air means "it's not definite"?meaning of 'anything else'since parts of each word's definition is again, does that similarity between...What does "live me in peace" mean?what does a steady aim mean?road vs way