bid; offer; overseer; supervisor
dial
tender
interpreter
proliferation

What does this expression mean: He's got it into his head?

Expression: in the air means "it's not definite"? | What if the boss is a woman?
What does this expression mean: He's got it into his head? #1 (permalink) Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:35 am   What does this expression mean: He's got it into his head?

English Idioms and Expressions, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #23 "Idioms with prepositions", question 6

He's got it into his head that we think he's stupid but we really don't.

(a) He seriously contemplates
(b) He seriously ponders
(c) He seriously wonders
(d) He seriously believes

ESL/EFL Test #23 "Idioms with prepositions", answer 6

He seriously believes that we think he's stupid but we really don't.

Correct answer: (d) He seriously believes
_________________________

what do you mean?

JayLo
JayLo

What does this expression mean: He's got it into his head? #2 (permalink) Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:40 am   What does this expression mean: He's got it into his head?

Another way of expressing this would be to say: He is convinced/He is absolutely sure.

_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What does this expression mean: He's got it into his head? #3 (permalink) Mon Jan 28, 2008 14:27 pm   What does this expression mean: He's got it into his head?

Convinced. :wink:
_________________

What does this expression mean: He's got it into his head? #4 (permalink) Mon Jan 28, 2008 15:45 pm   What does this expression mean: He's got it into his head?

Thank you

_________________

Question: Having sold his fast food business, Ian decided to invest the profit...what's difference between cliche and proverb?What is the meaning of "what's going on"?The past tense of hang, is hanged?Should be the verb in the past after a conjunction?Some examples of common nounsWhat does Tipple and Topple mean?provider vs producerIs "it had been stolen" a rule of aplication?meaning of 'anything else'meaning of 'he always demands his total satisfaction'what does "non-fiction" mean?since parts of each word's definition is again, does that similarity between...