lift; mechanical apparatus for moving people or items from floor to floor within a building
elevator
pitch
conserve
aspect

Meaning of any other business

Meaning of what on earth | Difference between squabble and quibble
Meaning of any other business #1 (permalink) Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:25 am   Meaning of any other business

Test No. incompl/advan-8 "Business", question 7

There's really no point in hoping to add important topics right at the end of the meeting under the heading of any other ..........

(a) business
(b) work
(c) activity
(d) tasks

Test No. incompl/advan-8 "Business", answer 7

There's really no point in hoping to add important topics right at the end of the meeting under the heading of any other business.

Correct answer: (a) business

_________________________

I don't quite understand the meaning of the sentence as a whole?
Rich7

Location: Caracas, Venezuela

Meaning of any other business #2 (permalink) Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:56 am   Meaning of any other business

This means you shouldn't talk about important topics at the end of the meeting because the heading any other business is really for less important matters that don't need a lot of time to discuss.
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Difference between different and diverseMeaning of calling forDifference between the same and identicalHow to use the articlesWhat is a gerund?Is benefit an uncountable noun?Meaning of to deal withReach the endWhat does 'regarded' mean in this context?Meaning of under the weatherStill vs. quietMeaning of make forMeaning of finished off quickly