to match; to correspond; to resemble; to be similar to
cruise
seek
organize
equal

provider vs producer

Is "it had been stolen" a rule of aplication? | What does Tipple and Topple mean?
provider vs producer #1 (permalink) Wed Jan 30, 2008 22:15 pm   provider vs producer

ESL/EFL Test #45 "At the Office (1)", question 2

The main ......... of stationery for the office suddenly announced there would be an overall increase in their prices.

(a) provision
(b) producer
(c) provisional
(d) provider

ESL/EFL Test #45 "At the Office (1)", answer 2

The main provider of stationery for the office suddenly announced there would be an overall increase in their prices.

Correct answer: (d) provider

The main producer of stationery for the office suddenly announced there would be an overall increase in their prices.
_________________________

Hi, why not "producer".

Ross
Ross

provider vs producer #2 (permalink) Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:18 am   provider vs producer

.
Offices don't normally order from manufacturers; they order from distributors. In addition, 'producer' is more often used of non-manufactured items like pork bellies, oil and aluminium.
.
_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
what is the difference between simile and metaphore?'before' vs 'as soon as'meaning of "dressing gown"Question: Having sold his fast food business, Ian decided to invest the profit...what's difference between cliche and proverb?What is the meaning of "what's going on"?The past tense of hang, is hanged?Should be the verb in the past after a conjunction?Some examples of common nounsWhat if the boss is a woman?What does this expression mean: He's got it into his head?Expression: in the air means "it's not definite"?meaning of 'anything else'