Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

number; image; character; price; human shape; symbol
protocol
figure
crowd
slice
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Some examples of common nouns

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
The past tense of hang, is hanged? | Should be the verb in the past after a conjunction?
listening exercises
Some examples of common nouns #1 (permalink) Thu Jan 31, 2008 20:56 pm   Some examples of common nouns

English Idioms and Expressions, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #8 "Money to burn", question 9

When you consider all the advantages you've gained I think you'll admit you had a good run for your money.

(a) a lot of trouble with your money
(b) to chase after your money
(c) a lot of time with your money
(d) a lot of benefit from your money

English Idioms and Expressions, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #8 "Money to burn", answer 9

When you consider all the advantages you've gained I think you'll admit you had a lot of benefit from your money.

Correct answer: (d) a lot of benefit from your money

i want to see some examples of common nouns

many thanks
Ira
Ira

Some examples of common nouns #2 (permalink) Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:18 am   Some examples of common nouns

advantage, banana, cat, dog, electricity, freeway, garage, hedge, igloo, joke, knowledge, lemon, money, number, onion, person, queen, rooster, school, teacher, umbrella, vase, water, xylophone, yarn, zoo

You can find thousands more if you google the words "common noun". :wink:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22common+noun%22&btnG=Search

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
The past tense of hang, is hanged? | Should be the verb in the past after a conjunction?
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
What does accrual mean?"Sue's flight" - is correct?what is the meaning of the word chintzy?what is the difference between simile and metaphore?'before' vs 'as soon as'meaning of "dressing gown"Question: Having sold his fast food business, Ian decided to invest the profit...what's difference between cliche and proverb?What is the meaning of "what's going on"?What does Tipple and Topple mean?provider vs producerIs "it had been stolen" a rule of aplication?What if the boss is a woman?