lively; vigorous; crucial; critical; necessary
persistent
eligible
vital
select

Should be the verb in the past after a conjunction?

Some examples of common nouns | What is the meaning of "what's going on"?
Should be the verb in the past after a conjunction? #1 (permalink) Thu Jan 31, 2008 23:04 pm   Should be the verb in the past after a conjunction?

ESL/EFL Test #259 "Irregular Verbs Test (7)", question 3

I forgot her birthday but she readily ......... me because I told her about my busy schedule.

(a) forgive
(b) forgave
(c) forgiven

ESL/EFL Test #259 "Irregular Verbs Test (7)", answer 3

I forgot her birthday but she readily forgave me because I told her about my busy schedule.

Correct answer: (b) forgave
_________________________

When a sentence start in the past, after a conjunction the verb should be in the past?

Aaron
Aaron

Should be the verb in the past after a conjunction? #2 (permalink) Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:38 am   Should be the verb in the past after a conjunction?

.
Not necessarily.

'I woke up at 7:00 this morning, but I won't be ready to go out until this afternoon.'
.
_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Shouldn't there be an article in front of a Noun?What does accrual mean?"Sue's flight" - is correct?what is the meaning of the word chintzy?what is the difference between simile and metaphore?'before' vs 'as soon as'meaning of "dressing gown"Question: Having sold his fast food business, Ian decided to invest the profit...what's difference between cliche and proverb?The past tense of hang, is hanged?What does Tipple and Topple mean?provider vs producerIs "it had been stolen" a rule of aplication?