state of having committed a crime or offense; culpability; feeling of having done something wrong
maintenance
guilt
confusion
airways

The past tense of hang, is hanged?

What does Tipple and Topple mean? | Some examples of common nouns
The past tense of hang, is hanged? #1 (permalink) Thu Jan 31, 2008 23:08 pm   The past tense of hang, is hanged?

ESL/EFL Test #259 "Irregular Verbs Test (7)", question 6

I ......... a beautiful, framed photograph on my living room wall this past weekend. I just love it!

(a) hang
(b) hung
(c) hangs

ESL/EFL Test #259 "Irregular Verbs Test (7)", answer 6

I hung a beautiful, framed photograph on my living room wall this past weekend. I just love it!

Correct answer: (b) hung
_________________________

The past tense of hang, is hanged?

Aaron
Aaron

The past tense of hang, is hanged? #2 (permalink) Thu Jan 31, 2008 23:27 pm   The past tense of hang, is hanged?

When you talk about people having been executed/killed via strangulation, you use hanged, e.g. they hanged him for the treason, He hanged himself with a guitar string
Otherwise, you use hung

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
"Sue's flight" - is correct?what is the meaning of the word chintzy?what is the difference between simile and metaphore?'before' vs 'as soon as'meaning of "dressing gown"Question: Having sold his fast food business, Ian decided to invest the profit...what's difference between cliche and proverb?What is the meaning of "what's going on"?Should be the verb in the past after a conjunction?provider vs producerIs "it had been stolen" a rule of aplication?What if the boss is a woman?What does this expression mean: He's got it into his head?