ill; nauseous; feeling the need to vomit; disgusted; fed up
profuse
sick
current
trial

'before' vs 'as soon as'

meaning of "dressing gown" | what is the difference between simile and metaphore?
'before' vs 'as soon as' #1 (permalink) Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:14 am   'before' vs 'as soon as'

ESL/EFL Test #142 "Time clauses: future tense examples", question 10

Our doctor advised us to have malaria vaccinations ......... we travel to Lombok.

(a) until
(b) before
(c) as soon as
(d) as long as

ESL/EFL Test #142 "Time clauses: future tense examples", answer 10

Our doctor advised us to have malaria vaccinations before we travel to Lombok.

Correct answer: (b) before
_________________________

Can i use as soon as. I want to know which one is better?

Liahna
Liahna

'before' vs 'as soon as' #2 (permalink) Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:36 am   'before' vs 'as soon as'

'Before' suggests you do something earlier or in advance. You have the vaccinations in preparation for your travel. 'As soon as' indicates the very first thing you do. You could say: As soon as you know that you are travelling to Lmbok, you should see your doctor.

_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
difference between precursors, predecessors and progenitorsWhat is a synonym of "feature"? Can I use it as the adjective?An agent highest duty is to his principal but his duty to the third party...Why's not possible to have someone 'strolling up and down the corridor'?How do you say 'make your dog pee' as in I walk out Doggy to let him pee?Shouldn't there be an article in front of a Noun?What does accrual mean?"Sue's flight" - is correct?what is the meaning of the word chintzy?Question: Having sold his fast food business, Ian decided to invest the profit...what's difference between cliche and proverb?What is the meaning of "what's going on"?The past tense of hang, is hanged?