providing assistance
familiar
crucial
supportive
impatient

Meaning of to deal with

Reach the end | Is benefit an uncountable noun?
Meaning of to deal with #1 (permalink) Tue Feb 01, 2005 17:37 pm   Meaning of to deal with

Test No. errors/advan-5 "At the Airport", question 1

Working at the reception desk for an airline can be hard work when you consider all the different people you have to hold with.

(a) Working
(b) consider
(c) different people
(d) hold with

Test No. errors/advan-5 "At the Airport", answer 1

Working at the reception desk for an airline can be hard work when you consider all the different people you have to deal with.

Correct entry: deal with
The error was: (d) hold with
_________________________

I dont understand the question

Deal with #2 (permalink) Tue Feb 01, 2005 17:47 pm   Deal with

Here this means all the people whose questions you have to answer and whose problems you have to solve.
_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
What does this phrasal verb mean: "get on with"?To account forDifference between conversation and dialogueCatch her outDifference between different and diverseMeaning of calling forDifference between the same and identicalHow to use the articlesWhat is a gerund?What does 'regarded' mean in this context?Difference between squabble and quibbleMeaning of any other businessMeaning of what on earth