in a friendly manner; warmly
conscientiously
probably
cordially
downward

Shouldn't there be an article in front of a Noun?

What does accrual mean? | Why's not possible to have someone 'strolling up and down the corridor'?
Shouldn't there be an article in front of a Noun? #1 (permalink) Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:38 pm   Shouldn't there be an article in front of a Noun?

ESL/EFL Test #270 "Literary Terms (2)", question 1

A(n) ......... is story where a person writes about themselves and their own life story.

(a) biography
(b) autobiography
(c) play

ESL/EFL Test #270 "Literary Terms (2)", answer 1

A(n) autobiography is story where a person writes about themselves and their own life story.

Correct answer: (b) autobiography
_________________________

Hemm
Hemm

Shouldn't there be an article in front of a Noun? #2 (permalink) Wed Feb 06, 2008 14:22 pm   Shouldn't there be an article in front of a Noun?

No, Hemm, an article is not always necessary in front of a noun.
However, the article 'a' is necessary in front of the (first) word 'story' in this sentence. Thanks for alerting us.
.
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
What does "on the point of" mean?How can I answer a apology? Can I say It's OK don't worry about it?stalke vs ramblewhy use single instead of using solitary?difference between lonely, lonesome and solitarydifference between precursors, predecessors and progenitorsWhat is a synonym of "feature"? Can I use it as the adjective?An agent highest duty is to his principal but his duty to the third party...How do you say 'make your dog pee' as in I walk out Doggy to let him pee?"Sue's flight" - is correct?what is the meaning of the word chintzy?what is the difference between simile and metaphore?'before' vs 'as soon as'