Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

manner; way; fashion; chic; vogue
downsizing
percent
style
press
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

difference between setting, sketch and sonnet

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What is a simile and a metaphor? | The writer or author of verses is called a poet.
listening exercises
difference between setting, sketch and sonnet #1 (permalink) Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:23 am   difference between setting, sketch and sonnet

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #269 "Literary Terms (1)", question 7

The look or appearance, with regard to time and place, of a story is called the ..........

(a) setting
(b) sketch
(c) sonnet

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #269 "Literary Terms (1)", answer 7

The look or appearance, with regard to time and place, of a story is called the setting.

Correct answer: (a) setting

I don't know a difference among this words:
setting, sketch and sonnet

Ilke
Ilke

difference between setting, sketch and sonnet #2 (permalink) Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:39 am   difference between setting, sketch and sonnet

The words are completely unrelated except that they all begin with 'S'. Please try looking them up in a [url=http://www.onelook.com/]DICTIONARY[/url.

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
difference between setting, sketch and sonnet #3 (permalink) Tue Jul 02, 2013 20:58 pm   difference between setting, sketch and sonnet

Setting: the place and time at which an action of a play, novel take place.
Its synonyms can be scenery, decor, scene

What is a simile and a metaphor? | The writer or author of verses is called a poet.
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Meaning of "guise"?Test incompl/inter-274, Question 10Test incompl/inter-274, Question 10Test incompl/inter-274, Question 10for an agreed upon amountso I could have her call yousend a phone number by snail mail having written it on the handed piece of paperShe needs to mind her own beeswax...Smooth sailingMeaning of "It's the cat's meow"What is the meaning of butted head?What does household mean?Who is uncle?