nominal; symbolic; perfunctory
token
international
underway
liberal

what does the phrase "go back" mean?

Meaning of 'Two out of every five companies struck...' | What is the difference between stalking and straining?
what does the phrase "go back" mean? #1 (permalink) Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:33 am   what does the phrase "go back" mean?

ESL/EFL Test #164 "Idioms with the phrasal verb go", question 3

The mayor has allowed vendors to ......... to their old place after many of them complained of lesser income following the implementation of the night market last week.

(a) go back
(b) go out
(c) go on
(d) go off

ESL/EFL Test #164 "Idioms with the phrasal verb go", answer 3

The mayor has allowed vendors to go back to their old place after many of them complained of lesser income following the implementation of the night market last week.

Correct answer: (a) go back

The mayor has allowed vendors to go off to their old place after many of them complained of lesser income following the implementation of the night market last week.
_________________________

what does the phrase "go back" mean here?

thx
johnxyy
johnxyy

what does the phrase "go back" mean? #2 (permalink) Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:47 am   what does the phrase "go back" mean?

This simply means 'return'.

_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
meaning of "weakest spot"what does "of the first water" mean?tired vs uncomfortablemeaning of cumbersomemeaning of bedlamwhat does SMEs means?What does this idiom mean: water under the bridgeprotagonis vs. antagonisRelationship idioms?'police officer' vs 'police man'difference between beat and hitwhat does "put his foot in it" mean?What does chin mean?