Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to raise money for; to provide with funds; to fund; to pay for
analyze
equip
lend
finance
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

why should be fly instead of flow?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Phrase: "team just won the final game" | I know it's hard, but you have to stick with it
listening exercises
why should be fly instead of flow? #1 (permalink) Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:38 am   why should be fly instead of flow?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #278 "Work and job expressions", question 3

Usually Saturday and Sunday just ......... by more quickly than the other 5 days of the week.

(a) flow
(b) fly
(c) flee
(d) follow

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #278 "Work and job expressions", answer 3

Usually Saturday and Sunday just fly by more quickly than the other 5 days of the week.

Correct answer: (b) fly

Your answer was: incorrect
Usually Saturday and Sunday just flow by more quickly than the other 5 days of the week.

why should be fly instead of flow?

Janita
Janita

why should be fly instead of flow? #2 (permalink) Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:31 am   why should be fly instead of flow?

'Fly' means 'go fast', and that is what is intended here.

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
why should be fly instead of flow? #3 (permalink) Mon Jun 17, 2013 16:36 pm   why should be fly instead of flow?

fly by=goes by?
thanks
Saneta
I'm a Communicator ;-)

why should be fly instead of flow? #4 (permalink) Mon Jun 17, 2013 19:57 pm   why should be fly instead of flow?

go by quickly.
Language Coach

Phrase: "team just won the final game" | I know it's hard, but you have to stick with it
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
for an agreed upon amountso I could have her call yousend a phone number by snail mail having written it on the handed piece of paperDavid withheld information during the criminal investigationto travel light -- to travel without much luggagehis cows broke into the grain binI couldn't care less.a litter of puppiesWhat does household mean?Who is uncle?Can you give me an example of irony?difference between dither and distractmeaning of satire