to raise money for; to provide with funds; to fund; to pay for
analyze
equip
lend
finance

why should be fly instead of flow?

Phrase: "team just won the final game" | I know it's hard, but you have to stick with it
why should be fly instead of flow? #1 (permalink) Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:38 am   why should be fly instead of flow?

ESL/EFL Test #278 "Work and job expressions", question 3

Usually Saturday and Sunday just ......... by more quickly than the other 5 days of the week.

(a) flow
(b) fly
(c) flee
(d) follow

ESL/EFL Test #278 "Work and job expressions", answer 3

Usually Saturday and Sunday just fly by more quickly than the other 5 days of the week.

Correct answer: (b) fly

Usually Saturday and Sunday just flow by more quickly than the other 5 days of the week.
_________________________

why should be fly instead of flow?

Janita
Janita

why should be fly instead of flow? #2 (permalink) Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:31 am   why should be fly instead of flow?

.
'Fly' means 'go fast', and that is what is intended here.
.
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
why should be fly instead of flow? #3 (permalink) Mon Jun 17, 2013 16:36 pm   why should be fly instead of flow?

fly by=goes by?

why should be fly instead of flow? #4 (permalink) Mon Jun 17, 2013 19:57 pm   why should be fly instead of flow?

go by quickly.
_________________

for an agreed upon amountso I could have her call yousend a phone number by snail mail having written it on the handed piece of paperDavid withheld information during the criminal investigationto travel light -- to travel without much luggagehis cows broke into the grain binI couldn't care less.a litter of puppiesWhat does household mean?Who is uncle?Can you give me an example of irony?difference between dither and distractmeaning of satire