foods and other goods sold at a small supermarket or store
groceries
imperative
counsel
provision

what does "go on strike" mean?

why should be ages instead of times? | meaning of neglect
what does "go on strike" mean? #1 (permalink) Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:53 am   what does "go on strike" mean?

ESL/EFL Test #275 "The holiday of a lifetime", question 10

It was only when she had finished her breakfast that she realised why the airport had seemed so quiet- everyone had stopped work and gone on .........!

(a) hit
(b) knock
(c) fall
(d) strike

ESL/EFL Test #275 "The holiday of a lifetime", answer 10

It was only when she had finished her breakfast that she realised why the airport had seemed so quiet- everyone had stopped work and gone on strike!

Correct answer: (d) strike

It was only when she had finished her breakfast that she realised why the airport had seemed so quiet- everyone had stopped work and gone on fall!
_________________________

what go on strike means?

Janita
Janita

what does "go on strike" mean? #2 (permalink) Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:43 am   what does "go on strike" mean?

'Go on strike' means that you have decided to stop working in your job because you are making some kind of protest or have a dispute over pay or conditions of work or other issues.

_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
begg vs askWhy must we use the preposition up instead of on?what is the difference between hunger and starve?'adverbial modifier of time' vs. 'object'surgery vs brushingWhat does 'place of work' mean?What is "ascorbic acid"?what does "I beg your pardon" mean?'we go to the lake' vs 'we go the lake''away on business' vs 'away for business'Idiom: walking on air?what includes an economic advantage of a business combination?What's the difference between needful and necessary?