to be composed of; to be made up of
consist
source
decide
shape

surgery vs brushing

what is the difference between hunger and starve? | 'adverbial modifier of time' vs. 'object'
surgery vs brushing #1 (permalink) Tue Feb 26, 2008 14:20 pm   surgery vs brushing

ESL/EFL Test #126 "Dental Care Expressions", question 2

Dentists sometimes perform corrective ......... on gums and supporting bones to treat gum diseases.

(a) brushing
(b) surgery
(c) replacement
(d) flossing

ESL/EFL Test #126 "Dental Care Expressions", answer 2

Dentists sometimes perform corrective surgery on gums and supporting bones to treat gum diseases.

Correct answer: (b) surgery
_________________________

surgery vs brushing

Nikifor
Nikifor

surgery vs brushing #2 (permalink) Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:21 am   surgery vs brushing

.
The two words are unrelated. Dentists do not brush your teeth.
.
_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What are the objectives of cash management?When I can use the phrasal verb 'call out'?'There will be a race next week' vs 'There are a race next week'what is the diference between adapt and match?importance of motivationbegg vs askWhy must we use the preposition up instead of on?meaning of "Time off"What does 'place of work' mean?What is "ascorbic acid"?what does "I beg your pardon" mean?'we go to the lake' vs 'we go the lake'what does "go on strike" mean?