prediction of a future event or condition (i.e. development of the economy)
interest
forecast
medicine
balance

expedient vs expert

meaning of senior | Never give up?
expedient vs expert #1 (permalink) Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:49 pm   expedient vs expert

ESL/EFL Test #56 "Interviews and Jobs", question 4

As this job was of a very specialist nature an ......... was invited to join the interview panel.

(a) expert
(b) exponent
(c) exhibitor
(d) expedient

ESL/EFL Test #56 "Interviews and Jobs", answer 4

As this job was of a very specialist nature an expert was invited to join the interview panel.

Correct answer: (a) expert
_________________________

when should i use expedient?

Linor
Linor

expedient vs expert #2 (permalink) Fri Mar 07, 2008 0:16 am   expedient vs expert

.
EXPEDIENT
.
_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
expedient vs expert #3 (permalink) Thu Jul 15, 2010 13:47 pm   expedient vs expert

this does not sound right to me, is this a typo ?
Shouldn't it read:
''As this job was of a very special nature an expert was invited to join the interview panel. '' instead?

_________________
If you're going through hell... keep going.
Cristina.ro

expedient vs expert #4 (permalink) Sat Jul 17, 2010 23:14 pm   expedient vs expert

That would change the meaning of the sentence. "A specialist nature" means the matter requires special, or expert, knowledge. It may be a scientific or technical matter.

Although I think it would be unusual to say "very specialist."
Angus77

meaning of senior | Never give up?
What does 'try your luck' mean?Are interested proteins and proteins of interest interchangable?comedy vs. tragedydelivered vs. transportedconviced vs satisfiedWhy On is used here?the meaning of began to lose in the storywhat is draw some cold water?Expression "As clean as a whistle"What is the difference between 'assembly' and 'assembling'?the difference between home and houseWhat are knitted mitts?What does "be away from danger" mean?