inner quality; intrinsic characteristic
internal
adult
accuracy
reimbursement

Does 'stir' have to be in the Present form? Shouldn't it be "stirred"?

What does 'reached' mean? | If I get there early enough, I shall save you a seat
Does 'stir' have to be in the Present form? Shouldn't it be "stirred"? #1 (permalink) Fri Mar 07, 2008 16:42 pm   Does 'stir' have to be in the Present form? Shouldn't it be "stirred"?

ESL/EFL Test #86 "Simple Present (3)", question 10

But Sally changed the subject. "This drink tastes delicious. How did you make it?" -- "I put a drop of ginger ale and a piece of lemon in the alcohol and then ......... thoroughly."

(a) stir
(b) beat
(c) mash
(d) fork

ESL/EFL Test #86 "Simple Present (3)", answer 10

But Sally changed the subject. "This drink tastes delicious. How did you make it?" -- "I put a drop of ginger ale and a piece of lemon in the alcohol and then stir thoroughly."

Correct answer: (a) stir

_________________________

Dear sirs,

I made a distinction between Am & Br. English(spelling , pronunciation, or different word or phrases)
but no body cares here because i live in Iraq and i would like to discuss that with university professors so, what is your advise to do?
Sabir
Sabir

Does 'stir' have to be in the Present form? Shouldn't it be "stirred"? #2 (permalink) Fri Mar 07, 2008 20:03 pm   Does 'stir' have to be in the Present form? Shouldn't it be "stirred"?

Hi, Alan

I have a question too. Does "stir" have to be in the Present form? Shouldn't it be "stirred"?
I mean, the question was "how did you make it", and not "how do you make it"

Thanks !

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Does 'stir' have to be in the Present form? Shouldn't it be "stirred"? #3 (permalink) Mon Sep 26, 2011 13:37 pm   Does 'stir' have to be in the Present form? Shouldn't it be "stirred"?

Hello Torsten,
One day ago I did the 5 simple present tests. I don't control but today I saw again these tests.To my great surprise I saw my pictures disappeared in the 2 and 3 tests. I did them again. This isn't the first occasion - so that's why I never control whether my picture stays there or not. I learned that I can't be right. My pictures dissapeared again.But to-day accidentally I noticed that this game isn't over.My pictures disappear as if I never did these tests.
Regards:
Kati svaby
_________________

Does 'stir' have to be in the Present form? Shouldn't it be "stirred"? #4 (permalink) Mon Sep 26, 2011 13:57 pm   Does 'stir' have to be in the Present form? Shouldn't it be "stirred"?

Correction:
They dissappear as if I have never done them. The most interesting thing that they disappear from my progrest report also.
When I finish a test it is written how many mistakes there are in it,after I always see my progress report . After I control whether the picture went to its place.The pictures were there.
My question: I don't want to put my picture there. I don't need fuming!
Kati svaby
_________________

Niece vs NephewWhat does performance mean?What does "all right" mean? Is there an expression totally right?Track versus laneTransferred versus preferredSimple past + past continuousMeaning of cubicleuntil he had seen vs. until he sawI honestly couldn't follow a word you were sayingDifference between aloud and loudlyHe asked me what I was doing thereI miss listeningWhat does this phrase mean: "even steven"?