seriousness; industriousness
founder
company
comparison
earnest

What does the phrasal verb 'get along' mean?

How to use IN and BY in this context? | what does cling and clung mean?
What does the phrasal verb 'get along' mean? #1 (permalink) Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:48 am   What does the phrasal verb 'get along' mean?

ESL/EFL Test #163 "Idioms with the phrasal verb get", question 10

Employees at the reinsurance company were finding it very difficult to ......... with their new manager.

(a) get along
(b) get away
(c) get through
(d) get out

ESL/EFL Test #163 "Idioms with the phrasal verb get", answer 10

Employees at the reinsurance company were finding it very difficult to get along with their new manager.

Correct answer: (a) get along
_________________________

Dear teachers,
i want explantion.
Getty
Getty

What does the phrasal verb 'get along' mean? #2 (permalink) Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:33 am   What does the phrasal verb 'get along' mean?

'Get along with someone' suggests you like being/working with someone. You understand each other.

_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
meaning of joggingMeaning of "he radio play is on the air later tonight""looked at" vs "looked up to"The word 'moved' is wrong in this sentence unless you pick a different word...what does the word dreading mean?what does "bungee jumping " mean?What does 'major problem' mean?question about "what"difference between 'fortell' and 'forcast'what is the meaning of the idiom dress down?Expression: to make a phone call homeis lifetime more of a benefit to sellers of low-cost?forget vs ignore