Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

into the city center; into the the town
seamlessly
downtown
plain
instead
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Difference between vision and view

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What does this idiom mean: "Lazy bones"? | What does 'high hopes' mean? Is it an idiom?
listening exercises
Difference between vision and view #1 (permalink) Thu Feb 10, 2005 13:55 pm   Difference between vision and view

Test No. incompl/inter-19 "A Collision - Finish this Story", question 4

That's better I've got a clearer ..........

(a) sight now
(b) view now
(c) picucture now
(d) vision now

Test No. incompl/inter-19 "A Collision - Finish this Story", answer 4

That's better I've got a clearer view now.

Correct answer: (b) view now

Your answer was: incorrect
That's better I've got a clearer vision now.

How these words differ?

Agne
Agne

Difference between vision and view #2 (permalink) Thu Feb 10, 2005 16:43 pm   Difference between vision and view

Vision is often what you think/see will happen in the future - it is an abstract idea or plan. View is simply what you see from your window for example.
Co-founder
Alan Townend

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Can you explain the different between sight and view? #3 (permalink) Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:30 am   Can you explain the different between sight and view?

Can you explain the different between sight and view in question number 4.

thank you.
Gonza
Gonza

Difference between vision and view #4 (permalink) Tue Feb 05, 2008 13:44 pm   Difference between vision and view

Can you give me some examples to diffirentiate "sight" and "view"
Candy S

Difference between vision and view #5 (permalink) Tue Feb 05, 2008 14:58 pm   Difference between vision and view

Hi,

'Sight' is also of course the ability to see. In the sentence 'sight' would be a particular place that you want to visit and see and in that sense 'sightseeing' is visiting places of interest as a tourist. You would visit a famous city on holiday to see the sights such as a cathedral, a bridge or a castle, for example. 'View' is the picture/scene that you see in front of. You could say that you want to have a room in a hotel that has a view of the lake/river/sea.

Alan
Co-founder
Alan Townend

Difference between vision and view #6 (permalink) Mon Mar 10, 2008 14:08 pm   Difference between vision and view

Thanks Alan
Candy S

Difference between vision and view #7 (permalink) Mon May 24, 2010 3:44 am   Difference between vision and view

Alan wrote:
Vision is often what you think/see will happen in the future - it is an abstract idea or plan. View is simply what you see from your window for example.
hey Alan.....first of all thank you for everything you've been doing here.....I really appeciate this.......my questions is.......what about picture...... for instance I've got the whole picture from here...,....thanks in advance.....cya
Believe In Me
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Difference between vision and view #8 (permalink) Mon May 24, 2010 7:38 am   Difference between vision and view

If you have a picture of something in your mind, you have a clear idea or memory of it in your mind as if you were actually seeing it.
Language Coach

What does this idiom mean: "Lazy bones"? | What does 'high hopes' mean? Is it an idiom?
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
What does 'in character' mean?What does 'calamity' mean?Usage of persuadesIt should be "I like my daily routine and exercise makes me happy".What is the meaning of eloped?In my neck of the woods, the expression is 'to be on top of the world'divorced vs deceased'a few apples' vs 'a lots of apples'What does applause mean?Count nouns -- is or are?The week of the 12th.Parents mean old parents?I can do it...