freedom; liberation; newly distributed film (or record, book, etc.); statement provided to the media
danger
union
blunder
release

Someone gave me a piece of adive

Voting for a candidate | meaning of "deep water"
Someone gave me a piece of adive #1 (permalink) Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:19 am   Someone gave me a piece of adive

ESL/EFL Test #277 "My computer and me", question 7

The best piece of ......... someone told me to do when the computer doesn't work was to turn the computer off, have a cup of coffee and then turn it on again.

(a) counsel
(b) council
(c) recommendation
(d) advice

ESL/EFL Test #277 "My computer and me", answer 7

The best piece of advice someone told me to do when the computer doesn't work was to turn the computer off, have a cup of coffee and then turn it on again.

Correct answer: (d) advice
_________________________

IS IT CORRECT IF I CHOOSE 'ADVICE'?

Holly
Holly

Someone gave me a piece of adive #2 (permalink) Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:18 am   Someone gave me a piece of adive

yeah, I am right
Neeshu

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Someone gave me a piece of adive #3 (permalink) Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:59 am   Someone gave me a piece of adive

.
To the test writer:

I don't believe people "tell us to do advice". I think your text should read:

The best piece of ......... someone gave me when the computer....
.
_________________

what's the different between uneven and unequal?Why is "I feel like such a gullible person"?need vs. mustraise vs. ariseWhat does 'whose' mean?why "set of" is used in this case?Whether the FCPA Act applies to Joint venture companies of the US?why not 'tone' or 'sound'?Expression 'Make their minds up'Is there such a term as "try back"?since vs whilewhat the elements involve in the study of organistional behaviour?"prints developed" vs "developed"