reduced price; sale on particular items; extra newspaper edition
special
utilization
equivalent
crux

Difference between who and whom

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

quite right vs all right | Do Some Authors Include Deep Words with No Context Clues?
Difference between who and whom #1 (permalink) Sat Feb 12, 2005 20:06 pm   Difference between who and whom

Test No. incompl/elem-9 "Relative Pronouns", question 1

......... is that sitting over there in the corner?

(a) Who
(b) Whom
(c) Which

Test No. incompl/elem-9 "Relative Pronouns", answer 1

Who is that sitting over there in the corner?

Correct answer: (a) Who
_________________________

Difference between who and whom?

Elza
Elza

Difference between who and whom #2 (permalink) Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:57 am   Difference between who and whom

Hi Elza,

As you can see, who is the correct answer.

TOEIC listening, photographs: Behind the counter

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Difference between who and whom #3 (permalink) Tue Jun 07, 2005 18:33 pm   Difference between who and whom

But I think whom means that belong to who, in that sentence it makes reference to the sitting.it can be? I don't understand the difference betwen whom and who
just me

Difference between who and whom #4 (permalink) Wed Jun 15, 2005 17:51 pm   Difference between who and whom

In this sentence who is a question word. The speaker wants to know which person is sitting in a certain place.
Now look at these sentences to see the difference between who and whom:

Whom have spoken to?
Whom does this bag belong to?
That's the woman with whom we went to Brazil.

TOEIC listening, photographs: A mechanic

Difference between who and whom #5 (permalink) Wed Sep 12, 2007 16:41 pm   Difference between who and whom

Torsten wrote:

I understood this sentence as:

"That's the woman with the person we went with him to Brazil" ...did I understand it well?
Fooz

Difference between who and whom #6 (permalink) Wed Sep 12, 2007 17:52 pm   Difference between who and whom

"whom" is usually found with a preposition:

to whom
for whom
under whom
with whom

I'm not going to look this up, but is the difference between "who" and "whom" simply this:

Who = subject
Whom = direct object

?
_________________
Billie Jean is not my lover. Hee.
Prezbucky

Location: Nashville, TN (USA)

Difference between who and whom #7 (permalink) Wed Sep 12, 2007 17:56 pm   Difference between who and whom

like: For whom are you waiting? :lol:

Difference between who and whom #8 (permalink) Wed Sep 12, 2007 21:41 pm   Difference between who and whom

Fooz wrote:
Torsten wrote:

I understood this sentence as:

You understood badly, Fooz. ;)

The meaning of the sentence is basically a combination of these two shorter sentences:
That's the woman. We went to Brazil with her.
.
_________________

Difference between who and whom #9 (permalink) Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:32 am   Difference between who and whom

I get 8 of 10 questions of the relative pronoun right. I wasn't concentrate because I unsubscribe your newsletter by mistake. I'd like to continue with your English course.
I hope I'll get your's lesson 12 soon.
Many thanks,
Vesna
Vesna

relative pronouns #10 (permalink) Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:50 am   relative pronouns

I've got 10 right answers for the relative pronouns test.
By the way, I have some questions related to Relative Pronouns.
Please help me.
1. Is WHO in the sentence "Who leaves last should turn off the lights" a Relative pronoun?
2. "I don't know who told you that.", "who told you that" is a noun clause, isn't it? "Who" is a pronoun, isn't it a relative pronoun?
3. Can WHOEVER be used as a Relative pronoun?
Thanks in advance.
Hothu

Difference between who and whom #11 (permalink) Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:50 am   Difference between who and whom

hello sir, i can't differentiate between who's and whose please tell me the difference
thanks a lot
Pghai

Difference between who and whom #12 (permalink) Sat Aug 09, 2008 13:03 pm   Difference between who and whom

Hi torsen ,thanks for your lesson about pronouns i got 7 true and i lost 3 questions but i would like to know more about

Whose and whom!

Take care !
Gomez

Location: Cape town

Relative pronoun #13 (permalink) Sat Aug 09, 2008 15:20 pm   Relative pronoun

Dear Torsten,

This is the first time that I got all the ten answers correct. May be the questions are very simple but still a great achievement for me. Thanks for your great lessons.

Regards
Mallianthan
Mallinathan

Difference between who and whom #14 (permalink) Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:18 am   Difference between who and whom

Hi Torsten

The first time I answered the exercises I got 8 correct out of ten. Finally after looking at the explanation of the word 'that' & 'which' where I've got mistakes, I repeat the exercises I got 10 out of ten. Please correct me if my reply to you in this forum has a grammar errors and I'll accept it graciously.

Regards
fil
Filcanlas

Location: saudi arabia

Difference between who and whom #15 (permalink) Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:13 am   Difference between who and whom

Gomez wrote:
i would like to know more about
Whose and whom!

whose (+ N): a possessive, whom: an object .
Hothu

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Test incompl/elem-207, User's Answer 10She is the prettiest girl at school.What does pass for her sister mean?Why "no cigar"?Assure vs. assertMeaning of "acting up"Difference between 'quite' and 'give up'No, you've lost meMeaning of 'no problem'Difference between transpose and transferDifference between attached and includedWhat is the difference between goal and aim?Personal pronouns