to feign; to impersonate; to put on a false show
explain
attach
rebound
pretense

why "set of" is used in this case?

need vs. must | What does 'whose' mean?
why "set of" is used in this case? #1 (permalink) Fri Mar 28, 2008 15:32 pm   why "set of" is used in this case?

ESL/EFL Test #275 "The holiday of a lifetime", question 5

She had also decided that she would buy herself some new luggage, a ......... of cases that cost a lot of money.

(a) pack
(b) set
(c) pile
(d) group

ESL/EFL Test #275 "The holiday of a lifetime", answer 5

She had also decided that she would buy herself some new luggage, a set of cases that cost a lot of money.

Correct answer: (b) set

She had also decided that she would buy herself some new luggage, a group of cases that cost a lot of money.
_________________________

why "set of" is used in this case?

Kirill
Kirill

why "set of" is used in this case? #2 (permalink) Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:36 am   why "set of" is used in this case?

We use the word 'set' when we talk about a number of items that belong together.

TOEIC short conversations: A job candidate calls a company to speak to the HR manager

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
need vs. must | What does 'whose' mean?
what does mean would not hold water?answer can be rely and hang both what say?what do you mean by wimp?what's the different between uneven and unequal?Why is "I feel like such a gullible person"?raise vs. ariseWhether the FCPA Act applies to Joint venture companies of the US?meaning of "deep water"Someone gave me a piece of adiveVoting for a candidatewhy not 'tone' or 'sound'?Expression 'Make their minds up'Is there such a term as "try back"?