backlash
practice
earnest
rebound
butcher

need vs. must

Whether the FCPA Act applies to Joint venture companies of the US? | why "set of" is used in this case?
need vs. must #1 (permalink) Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:35 am   need vs. must

Business Idiom in English, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #66 "How to ask the way", question 6

Can you help please because I've lost my way and ......... to get to the shops before closing time?

(a) need
(b) require
(c) request
(d) must

ESL/EFL Test #66 "How to ask the way", answer 6

Can you help please because I've lost my way and need to get to the shops before closing time?

Correct answer: (a) need
_________________________

why need and not must?

Hobby
Hobby

need vs. must #2 (permalink) Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:53 am   need vs. must

.
We use a bare infinitive with must. In other words, you can say "must get", but you cannot say "must to get".

The test sentence includes the words 'to get', so must would not be not grammatically correct.
.
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
answer can be rely and hang both what say?what do you mean by wimp?what's the different between uneven and unequal?Why is "I feel like such a gullible person"?raise vs. ariseWhat does 'whose' mean?meaning of "deep water"Someone gave me a piece of adiveVoting for a candidatewhy not 'tone' or 'sound'?Expression 'Make their minds up'Is there such a term as "try back"?since vs while