to divide; to apportion; to receive a portion; to participate
share
hazard
rebound
auction

what's the different between uneven and unequal?

call vs describe | what do you mean by wimp?
what's the different between uneven and unequal? #1 (permalink) Sun Mar 30, 2008 14:10 pm   what's the different between uneven and unequal?

ESL/EFL Test #89 "Verbal Learning", question 6

The police stopped the car because it had followed an ......... course down the road and asked the driver why he was going from side to side.

(a) uneven
(b) unequal
(c) unerring
(d) erratic

ESL/EFL Test #89 "Verbal Learning", answer 6

The police stopped the car because it had followed an erratic course down the road and asked the driver why he was going from side to side.

Correct answer: (d) erratic
_________________________

Boliwar
Boliwar

what's the different between uneven and unequal? #2 (permalink) Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:23 am   what's the different between uneven and unequal?

.
Sometimes they are the same, but 'uneven' also means irregular.
.
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
what origin is this made up from?Idiom "by ear"What does the idiom 'barking up the wrong tree' mean?"come into work" vs "come in to work"commited is more preferred than commissionedwhat does mean would not hold water?answer can be rely and hang both what say?Why is "I feel like such a gullible person"?I guess the comma after the word 'elect' was a typo.need vs. mustraise vs. ariseWhat does 'whose' mean?why "set of" is used in this case?