to endorse; to donate; to contribute; to pledge; to support; to approve
subscribe
alleviate
effect
grit

What does the idiom 'hit the hay' mean?

difference between phrasal verb 'cut back' and 'cut off'? | Meaning of "high street"
What does the idiom 'hit the hay' mean? #1 (permalink) Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:38 am   What does the idiom 'hit the hay' mean?

He was very tired after a long day's work and decided to ......... the hay as soon as he got home.

(a) planted
(b) bailed
(c) hit
(d) swept

He was very tired after a long day's work and decided to hit the hay as soon as he got home.

Correct answer: (c) hit
_________________________

what is the correcat answer and why?

blindeye
blindeye

What does the idiom 'hit the hay' mean? #2 (permalink) Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:41 am   What does the idiom 'hit the hay' mean?

.
The correct answer is immediately above your question. 'Hit the hay' is an idiom meaning 'go to bed'.
.
_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
pull the wool over your eyes? Is that an idiom?Put one over on him? Is that an idiom or a phrasal verb?What does shortage mean?what does it mean 'push the envelope'?what does it mean 'his thinking cap'?article questionwhat does mandated mean?what origin is this made up from?Idiom "by ear"What does the idiom 'barking up the wrong tree' mean?"come into work" vs "come in to work"commited is more preferred than commissionedwhat does mean would not hold water?