offer; plan; theory; problem
midmorning
apology
proposition
dietician

screen vs fritz

meaning of "...it would take a hot minute..." | What is the meaning of "hold any stock"?
screen vs fritz #1 (permalink) Sat Apr 05, 2008 23:33 pm   screen vs fritz

He had to go next door to watch the game. His TV was on the ......... again.

(a) screen
(b) fritz
(c) weiner
(d) recliner

He had to go next door to watch the game. His TV was on the fritz again.

Correct answer: (b) fritz
_________________________

what mean all these option?

Nathan
Nathan

screen vs fritz #2 (permalink) Sun Apr 06, 2008 0:24 am   screen vs fritz

.
A dictionary will give you the meanings of all four words. 'On the fritz' is an idiom meaning 'out of order'.
.
_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
screen vs fritz #3 (permalink) Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:20 am   screen vs fritz

This is a link to a good online dictionary - http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/screen
_________________

Test and other things #4 (permalink) Thu Nov 25, 2010 23:42 pm   Test and other things

I don't know why I think that you don't delete my photo from the score-board? This isn't fair that I have to fill in the same test for the third time if I want to remain on the score-board.
25th November 2010.
Kati svaby
_________________

screen vs fritz #5 (permalink) Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:25 am   screen vs fritz

No need to mention this with every post, Kati. Once is enough. Or why don't you just PM Torsten to find out why this happened?
_________________

Test and other things #6 (permalink) Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:02 am   Test and other things

Dear Micawber,

Thank you for your answer.

Yesterday evening I got several letters from Torsten, but he couldn't reply for my question:where did my photos from the score-board and the dates of my work on 24th November from the progress report disappear. On 24th November evening and night I did all the tests what I did few months ago but they disappeared whereas the other pictures - with who I was together - remained. There is no answer. Torsten wrote me there are your photos. Yes, they were there those photos what I put on 25th November because the previous day's photos and their dates disappeared.

Incredible story.
Best regards:
kati svaby
_________________

screen vs fritz #7 (permalink) Sat Jul 27, 2013 19:21 pm   screen vs fritz

The phrase: on the fritz -we say when sth is in the state of disorder or despair/ not working/meaning “in a bad way” or “in bad condition”, malfunctioning of an appliance
-The TV is on the fritz again.
-The washing machine’s on the fritz again. AmE: on the blink
-My washing machine has gone on the fritz, and I have a load of muddy clothes to deal with.
-My car is on the fritz again.
The Hungarian called the German solders Fritz.
_________________

screen vs fritz #8 (permalink) Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:26 am   screen vs fritz

The 7. button is got stucked as I have written twice "peering" and it has showed my first mistake when I wrote "peeping". It is impossible to correct it.

_________________

screen vs fritz #9 (permalink) Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:56 am   screen vs fritz

The test is correct, but you are choosing the wrong word.

'Peeping' is the CORRECT answer.
'Peering' is an INCORRECT answer.

She called the police immediately after she saw the Peeping Tom outside her window.

A Peeping Tom is someone who likes to watch someone else in secret while they are undressing or unclothed and unaware of the intrusion of their privacy.
_________________

Test 641 number 9 "you get what you pay for" vs "you get what youIt has stopped raining/the rain has stoppedTest incompl/inter-292, Question 9Do / Did you have to.................today?The use of groundsa little vs. a bitenticementplaying with a full deck of cardsIf I were you? Subjuntive?odvious vs obviousExpression: "Yes, I'll hold"why correct answer is road why not others?"on earth" vs. "on the earth"