to separate (a sentence or word) into parts and describe the function of each
foist
cavil
trek
parse

Can you provide some maths topics for GMAT®?

GMAT Practice tests Increase your GMAT test score with
plus 1.400 GMAT word flash cards
ESL Forums | Preparation forum for the GMAT® Test and MBA Community
Helpful link for GMAT® students | Online / Mobile Test Prep??
Can you provide some maths topics for GMAT? #1 (permalink) Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:33 am   Can you provide some maths topics for GMAT?

I would also like to know if you can provide some material in the maths section too. i am planning to take GMAT so that i can continue my future academic.

Thanks u
ANIL
ANIL

Maths materials #2 (permalink) Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:51 am   Maths materials

Dear Anil,

Thanks for your questions, we are looking into the option of providing materials for the GMAT maths section as well.

TOEIC listening, photographs: Ball game

GMAT Test Preparation — Improve your Score with 280 free GMAT Vocabulary TestsGMAT Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise GMAT scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportGMAT Practice Tests — Learn the most essential GMAT vocabulary words you need to pass the GMAT with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemRead these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Can u provide some Maths topics also? #3 (permalink) Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:41 am   Can u provide some Maths topics also?

Thanks Torsten,

I hope you guys can do it ASAP.

Regards
Anil
Anil

Can u provide some Maths topics also? #4 (permalink) Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:05 am   Can u provide some Maths topics also?

:D
Math tests will make the site all the more popular.
The verbal help is very good.
can we have some tests on other aspects of English as well.

A question in Gmat math... #5 (permalink) Tue Sep 06, 2005 17:16 pm   A question in Gmat math...

Hi evrybody, i am really sorry, i am a very new member coming from Vietnam and difficult to me to find a suitable topic to post my question, a Math ques. So, i hope you guys can help me...and may be we can use this topic to help each other in Math. :)
this is my asked question: " A certain theater has 100 balcony seats. For every $2 increase in the price of a balcony seat above $10; 5 fewer seats will be sold. If all the balcony seats are sold when the price of each seat is $10, which of the follwing could be the price of a balcony seat if the revenue from the sale of balcony seats is $1,360.
A) $12
B) $14
C) $16
D) $17
E) $18.
Thanx load. i really can not get the underline mean.
Lamsonblue

Hey #6 (permalink) Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:18 am   Hey

somebody helps me... :?
Lamsonblue

I was given an ans #7 (permalink) Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:51 am   I was given an ans

i asked Dr Math at http://mathforum.org/dr.math/faq/faq.divisibility.html
and he gave me the ans..hi hi...i post to evrybody
If the price for the balcony seats is $10, then all 100 seats will
be sold. As the price for the balcony seats increases, fewer people
will buy tickets because of the higher prices.

In fact, we are told that each time the price increases by $2, the
number of people buying tickets will decrease by 5. So if the price
goes up from $10 to $12, then the number of people buying tickets
will go down from 100 to 95. Then when the price goes up again from
$12 to $14, the number of people buying tickets will decrease from
95 to 90. And so on.

We need to find which combination of ticket price and number of
tickets sold gives $1360 as the total amount of ticket sales:

price number total sales
---------------------------
10 100 1000
12 95 1140
14 90 ??
16 85 ??
18 80 ??
...
and we got the ans....:)
Lamsonblue

Can you provide some maths topics for GMAT? #8 (permalink) Mon Jul 18, 2011 18:55 pm   Can you provide some maths topics for GMAT?

hey everyone! i recently started studying for the GMAT and i'm confused by this question. does anyone know how to solve it?? I tried but can't figure out the venn diagram. I'd love a detailed explanation on how you get the answer :) thanks.

1. Of 200 students taking the GMAT, all of them have college degrees, 120 have been out of college for at least 3 years, 70 have business degrees, and 60 have been out of college for less than 3 years and do not have business degrees. How many of them have been out of college for at least 3 years and have business degrees.

(A) 40
(B) 50
(C) 60
(D) 70
(E) 80
Jamiegirl

The temptation to Venn #9 (permalink) Mon Jul 18, 2011 20:47 pm   The temptation to Venn

Venn diagrams are awesome, but they aren't always the best solution to set problems.

(A) 40
(B) 50
(C) 60
(D) 70
(E) 80

Solution: Because the categories into which the students have been divided are mutually exclusive, we use a table, and not a Venn diagram:

Note that you don’t have to fill out the entire table to obtain the correct answer which is (B)

Just as a reminder - only use a Venn diagram when your categories overlap; for categories that are mutually exclusive, use a table

BenchPrepGURU
benchprep.com
BenchPrepGURU

ESL Forums | Preparation forum for the GMAT® Test and MBA Community All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Latest topics on GMAT Test Forums
Please help me rate this analytical writing - The Apogee CompanyPreparing for my MBALittle Known Ways to Clear GMAT® ExamsHow to prepare for my MBA?GRE® or GMAT® in my case. please help me!!!Statement of Purpose Sample for all programStatement of Purpose for Finance (sample)There is only one definition of success—to be able to spend your life in your owncompared to versus when compared toPlease review the topic and suggest me any modifications are required.Improve your grammar: I worked very hard over the last year for GMAT®...GMAT® essay on topic: Global Financial Crisisonline Universities for MBA?