Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

lack of knowledge; illiteracy; lack of education; state of being uninformed
ignorance
waiter
size
ideal
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Difference between because and due to

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Difference between latest and earliest | low portfolio turnover ratio
listening exercises
Difference between because and due to #1 (permalink) Wed Feb 16, 2005 18:59 pm   Difference between because and due to

Test No. errors/inter-2 "Between the lines", question 5

I often surf the Internet to find out certain things but I also use it to get the latest news due to it provides up to date information.

(a) surf
(b) to find out
(c) but
(d) due to

Test No. errors/inter-2 "Between the lines", answer 5

I often surf the Internet to find out certain things but I also use it to get the latest news because it provides up to date information.

Correct entry: because
The error was: (d) due to

You have not found the error.
I often use the Internet to find out certain things but I also use it to get the latest news due to it provides up to date information.

Good day,

what is the difference between "because" and "due to".

Svetlana
Svetlana

Difference between because and due to #2 (permalink) Wed Feb 16, 2005 20:12 pm   Difference between because and due to

The word because is followed by a sentence and the combination due to is followed by a noun:

I bought this book because I wanted to learn more about computers.

Mike's failure was due to his poor study habits.

TOEIC listening, photographs: Bicycle race
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Difference between because and due to #3 (permalink) Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:33 am   Difference between because and due to

to find out certain things?

IMHO, we can find out about certain things, or find certain things.

(I'm not sure though, ... If someone could clarify it for me...)
Lost_Soul
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Difference between because and due to #4 (permalink) Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:36 am   Difference between because and due to

Good question, LS.

You can find the answer to a question. That means you look for the answer and locate it.

You can find out (discover) what something means. After that you might find out more about it (learn).

Difference between because and due to #5 (permalink) Sun Apr 05, 2009 18:36 pm   Difference between because and due to

Could I use "as" instead of "because" ?
Colonelcy
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Difference between because and due to #6 (permalink) Mon Aug 03, 2009 18:49 pm   Difference between because and due to

correct sentence:
I often surf the Internet to find out certain things but I also use it to get the latest news because it provides up to date information.

Correct entry: because
The error was: (d) due to

You have found the error but your entry is incorrect.
your sentence:
I often surf the Internet to find out certain things but I also use it to get the latest news as it provides up to date information.

Shouldn't my entry "as" be also correct?
Khetu

Difference between because and due to #7 (permalink) Sun Oct 11, 2009 18:34 pm   Difference between because and due to

Hi,

although you didn't respond to the previous alternative suggestion, I'd like to post a suggestion myself. What about the sentence: "I often surf the Internet to find out certain things but I also use it to get the latest news since it provides up to date information.?" I'm no expert but it sounds correct to me. Any objections?

Thank you
Nathanael86
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Difference between because and due to #8 (permalink) Sun Feb 21, 2010 23:19 pm   Difference between because and due to

In my humble opinion, 'as' and 'since' are correct as well. Or am I mistaken?
Samesame

Difference between because and due to #9 (permalink) Wed Mar 23, 2011 15:49 pm   Difference between because and due to

I think a comma is necessary before "as" or "since", so "as" and "since" are not appropriate. Am I right?
Oad
You can meet me at english-test.net

Difference between because and due to #10 (permalink) Wed Mar 23, 2011 17:12 pm   Difference between because and due to

You're right that the comma is needed - but both 'as' and 'since' can be used.
Language Coach

Difference between latest and earliest | low portfolio turnover ratio
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
an attack of influenzathat sort of behaviouracross boundaries.at a moment's noticethe happiest moment of my lifeBasic Grammar Exercises (6)there was not much roomTrick or treatto point the beardthe greatest man in the worldIs it correct?beach ballIs scale the same as skin?