to reduce; to lessen; to decline
taste
decrease
function
insure

Difference between tell and speak

What does scary mean? | Cease vs. stop
Difference between tell and speak #1 (permalink) Wed Feb 16, 2005 19:44 pm   Difference between tell and speak

Test No. errors/inter-4 "When you go to France...", question 5

Yes, that's important because if you find yourself in a difficult situation, you can speak yourself out of it.

(a) important
(b) if
(c) yourself
(d) speak

Test No. errors/inter-4 "When you go to France...", answer 5

Yes, that's important because if you find yourself in a difficult situation, you can talk yourself out of it.

Correct entry: talk
The error was: (d) speak

You have not found the error.
_________________________

Good day,
Could you explain please the difference between using "tell" and "speak"? Thank you.
Svetlana

Difference between tell and speak #2 (permalink) Wed Feb 16, 2005 20:22 pm   Difference between tell and speak

You can tell a story and you can speak a language or you can speak to a person about something.

TOEIC listening, photographs: A man plays golf

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Rich7 #3 (permalink) Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:41 am   Rich7

you can talk yourself out of it.

What about this:if you find yourself in a difficult situation you can get out of it by talking with eloquence.
Rich7

Location: Caracas, Venezuela

good day... #4 (permalink) Sun Aug 02, 2009 15:12 pm   good day...

what if my answer is 'you can express yourself out of it'> could you please tell me if this is correct? thank you...
Bt_Unlock18

What does scary mean? | Cease vs. stop
'Who was the youngest person' vs 'What was the youngest person'What is foreboding? and when we use it?What does unicycle mean?Why bottom instead end?Why 'is' and not 'are'?What does to be bitter mean?What are factions?What is the difference between logistics and warehousing?What does 'cut somebody some slack' mean?'who is speaking at this moment' vs 'who speaks at this moment'despite vs in spite ofStride vs. stalkPainting for versus Painting during