Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to reduce; to lessen; to decline
taste
decrease
function
insure
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Difference between tell and speak

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What does scary mean? | Cease vs. stop
listening exercises
Difference between tell and speak #1 (permalink) Wed Feb 16, 2005 19:44 pm   Difference between tell and speak

Test No. errors/inter-4 "When you go to France...", question 5

Yes, that's important because if you find yourself in a difficult situation, you can speak yourself out of it.

(a) important
(b) if
(c) yourself
(d) speak

Test No. errors/inter-4 "When you go to France...", answer 5

Yes, that's important because if you find yourself in a difficult situation, you can talk yourself out of it.

Correct entry: talk
The error was: (d) speak

You have not found the error.
Yes, that's important because if you find yourself in a difficult situation, you can speak yourself out of it.

Good day,
Could you explain please the difference between using "tell" and "speak"? Thank you.
Svetlana

Difference between tell and speak #2 (permalink) Wed Feb 16, 2005 20:22 pm   Difference between tell and speak

You can tell a story and you can speak a language or you can speak to a person about something.

TOEIC listening, photographs: A man plays golf
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Rich7 #3 (permalink) Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:41 am   Rich7

you can talk yourself out of it.

What about this:if you find yourself in a difficult situation you can get out of it by talking with eloquence.
Rich7
I'm here quite often ;-)

good day... #4 (permalink) Sun Aug 02, 2009 15:12 pm   good day...

what if my answer is 'you can express yourself out of it'> could you please tell me if this is correct? thank you...
Bt_Unlock18
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

What does scary mean? | Cease vs. stop
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
'Who was the youngest person' vs 'What was the youngest person'What is foreboding? and when we use it?What does unicycle mean?Why bottom instead end?Why 'is' and not 'are'?What does to be bitter mean?What are factions?What is the difference between logistics and warehousing?What does 'cut somebody some slack' mean?'who is speaking at this moment' vs 'who speaks at this moment'despite vs in spite ofStride vs. stalkPainting for versus Painting during