defective; imperfect; cracked
flawed
perishable
straight
ambitious

difference between dressing down and dressing up

thinking of buying vs. thinking to buy | What's the difference between a folktale and an essay?
difference between dressing down and dressing up #1 (permalink) Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:20 am   difference between dressing down and dressing up

Business Idiom in English, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #174 "Dressing expressions", question 1

We choose to wear different outfits for different occasions, putting on jumpers and scarves when it is cold and ......... smartly for formal events.

(a) dressing down
(b) dressing gown
(c) dressing up
(d) dressing room

ESL/EFL Test #174 "Dressing expressions", answer 1

We choose to wear different outfits for different occasions, putting on jumpers and scarves when it is cold and dressing up smartly for formal events.

Correct answer: (c) dressing up
_________________________

what's the difference between dressing down and dressing up?

Dressy
Dressy

difference between dressing down and dressing up #2 (permalink) Mon Apr 21, 2008 13:16 pm   difference between dressing down and dressing up

.
Dressing up is putting on more formal clothes. Dressing down is putting on more casual clothes.
.
_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
trainees vs trainersabout vs. concerningmeaning of "keeps his nose clean"using the following words or subordinating conjuctions after, although, as...What does 'annoying' mean?What does this mean: to feel like a fish out of the water?meaning of "Come down with"drew a line vs. painted a lineIs raise cain an idiom?Idiom: an arm and a legWhat is the meaning of 'smacking'?What does 'stance' mean?What does 'loose' mean?