to take money from the bank; to retire; to remove
connote
treat
misunderstand
withdraw

What is a storyteller?

Expression 'the story goes' | Telling stories?
What is a storyteller? #1 (permalink) Thu Feb 19, 2004 17:18 pm   What is a storyteller?

Test No. incompl/inter-55 "Hear my Story", question 10

In early civilisations it was the story ......... to whom everyone went to hear what had happened in the past.

(a) speaker
(b) talker
(c) announcer
(d) teller

Test No. incompl/inter-55 "Hear my Story", answer 10

In early civilisations it was the story teller to whom everyone went to hear what had happened in the past.

Correct answer: (d) teller

Hello dear Alan and Torsten! I don't understand the expression 'story-teller', please explain.

Pioneer

Storyteller #2 (permalink) Thu Feb 19, 2004 19:52 pm   Storyteller

Hi Pioneer,

A storyteller is a person who tells tales or stories. Usually this person is capable of making up a story very quickly and in any circumstance.

TOEIC listening, photographs: Resting by the pyramid

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
storyteller #3 (permalink) Tue Dec 21, 2010 22:56 pm   storyteller

Almost every nation has an epic poem from the bygone days which survived in that way that a story-teller told and pass it on to the next story-teller to keep it for the next generations.

In the seventies my husband heard the Kyrgiz epic poem what a very old man told for hours. It was an eternal experience for him.

But the Finn "Kalevala" /unfortunately I don't know how is written in English/ survived in this way.

Svaby Kati
_________________

cover all of your bases?constantly turning your headfall deeply in love.It will come as no surprisemore interesting vs. most interestingCheck my sentenceExchanging ideias by skypeby appointment onlyconvicted of a felony in the USpassing throughDoes to come on the heels mean to be a forerunner?How to translate the word 'parro' into English?cut vs. reduce vs. snip vs. curtail