to fall; to make fall; to bring down; to go down; to omit; to abandon
tenant
drop
publicize
suspend

What's the difference between a folktale and an essay?

difference between dressing down and dressing up | experience for us to visit vs. experience for us visiting
What's the difference between a folktale and an essay? #1 (permalink) Mon Apr 21, 2008 18:35 pm   What's the difference between a folktale and an essay?

ESL/EFL Test #272 "Literary Terms (4)", question 4

A ......... is a a story that is passed down from one generation to the next.

(a) poem
(b) essay
(c) folktale

ESL/EFL Test #272 "Literary Terms (4)", answer 4

A folktale is a a story that is passed down from one generation to the next.

Correct answer: (c) folktale
_________________________

What is the meaning of essay and folktale?

litary
litary

What's the difference between a folktale and an essay? #2 (permalink) Mon Apr 21, 2008 20:19 pm   What's the difference between a folktale and an essay?

Definitions for both are:
Essay: "an analytic or interpretative literary composition usually dealing with its subject from a limited or personal point of view." (USUALLY FORMAL)
Folktale: "a characteristically anonymous, timeless, and placeless tale circulated orally among a people." (USUALLY INFORMAL)
_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
What do the terms long/short horizon mean?trainees vs trainersabout vs. concerningmeaning of "keeps his nose clean"using the following words or subordinating conjuctions after, although, as...What does 'annoying' mean?What does this mean: to feel like a fish out of the water?meaning of "Come down with"thinking of buying vs. thinking to buydrew a line vs. painted a lineIs raise cain an idiom?Idiom: an arm and a legWhat is the meaning of 'smacking'?