expansion; growth; range; story or advertisement that covers two pages
salvage
spread
debate
rehearsal

meaning of "keeps his nose clean"

took vs taken | about vs. concerning
meaning of "keeps his nose clean" #1 (permalink) Thu Apr 24, 2008 16:07 pm   meaning of "keeps his nose clean"

English Idioms and Expressions, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #12 "Just keep it", question 6

The main thing that you have to admire him for is that he doesn't get into trouble and keeps his nose clean.

(a) blows his nose a lot
(b) behaves legally
(c) sneezes often
(d) breathes easily

ESL/EFL Test #12 "Just keep it", answer 6

The main thing that you have to admire him for is that he doesn't get into trouble and behaves legally.

Correct answer: (b) behaves legally
_________________________

Is there any story or explanation can explain why to keep one's nose clean is a kind of behave legally?

Min_Kin Go
Min Kin Go

meaning of "keeps his nose clean" #2 (permalink) Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:36 am   meaning of "keeps his nose clean"

.
Nothing beyond the obvious, I think.
.
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
took vs taken | about vs. concerning
business cards vs. business studiesWhich management skill do you require to persuade your employees if your...the subject of a sentence may be what parts of speech?What is the meaning of 'to-go specialist'?What's the meaning of saturday night special?What do the terms long/short horizon mean?trainees vs trainersusing the following words or subordinating conjuctions after, although, as...What does 'annoying' mean?What does this mean: to feel like a fish out of the water?What's the difference between a folktale and an essay?difference between dressing down and dressing upmeaning of "Come down with"