message sent to a newsgroup or mailing list (Internet)
prerogative
bank
posting
commuter

trainees vs trainers

about vs. concerning | What do the terms long/short horizon mean?
trainees vs trainers #1 (permalink) Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:19 am   trainees vs trainers

ESL/EFL Test #74 "Christmas Postman (1)", question 8

He didn't want any of his ......... to imagine that being a postman was an easy job.

(a) trainers
(b) training
(c) trainees
(d) trains

ESL/EFL Test #74 "Christmas Postman (1)", answer 8

He didn't want any of his trainees to imagine that being a postman was an easy job.

Correct answer: (c) trainees

He didn't want any of his trainers to imagine that being a postman was an easy job.
_________________________

Why not trainers?

Zarinamo
Zarinamo

trainees vs trainers #2 (permalink) Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:41 am   trainees vs trainers

.
Presumably, trainers should already know that postal delivery is difficult, so logic is against that choice.
.
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
approaching the business end of the seasonWhat does business class mean?business cards vs. business studiesWhich management skill do you require to persuade your employees if your...the subject of a sentence may be what parts of speech?What is the meaning of 'to-go specialist'?What's the meaning of saturday night special?meaning of "keeps his nose clean"using the following words or subordinating conjuctions after, although, as...What does 'annoying' mean?What does this mean: to feel like a fish out of the water?What's the difference between a folktale and an essay?difference between dressing down and dressing up