to examine; to break down into parts and study (as in a subject)
analyze
commit
insist
overcome

What do the terms long/short horizon mean?

trainees vs trainers | What's the meaning of saturday night special?
What do the terms long/short horizon mean? #1 (permalink) Sat Apr 26, 2008 21:46 pm   What do the terms long/short horizon mean?

ESL/EFL Test #304 "Business buzzwords: Lost horizons", question 1

An investor with a short horizon should buy stocks in ......... markets, thus chasing general trends; an investor with a long horizon should reduce her commitment to stocks in the same markets.

(a) bear
(b) bull
(c) thick
(d) thin

ESL/EFL Test #304 "Business buzzwords: Lost horizons", answer 1

An investor with a short horizon should buy stocks in bull markets, thus chasing general trends; an investor with a long horizon should reduce her commitment to stocks in the same markets.

Correct answer: (b) bull
_________________________

what do the terms long/short horizon mean?

Liman
Liman

What do the terms long/short horizon mean? #2 (permalink) Sat Apr 26, 2008 22:19 pm   What do the terms long/short horizon mean?

.
'Horizon' refers to the length of time involved in the investor's strategy for keeping his money in play. An investor with a short horizon wishes to invest his money for only a relatively short time.
.
_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Why some exercises in the elementary section are SO difficult?approaching the business end of the seasonWhat does business class mean?business cards vs. business studiesWhich management skill do you require to persuade your employees if your...the subject of a sentence may be what parts of speech?What is the meaning of 'to-go specialist'?about vs. concerningmeaning of "keeps his nose clean"using the following words or subordinating conjuctions after, although, as...What does 'annoying' mean?What does this mean: to feel like a fish out of the water?What's the difference between a folktale and an essay?