provider
bargain
affiliate
loom
supplier

What's the meaning of saturday night special?

What do the terms long/short horizon mean? | Which management skill do you require to persuade your employees if your...
What's the meaning of saturday night special? #1 (permalink) Sat Apr 26, 2008 22:05 pm   What's the meaning of saturday night special?

ESL/EFL Test #304 "Business buzzwords: Lost horizons", question 3

Marty Lipton and Joseph Flom's first big tender fight was the $84 million Colt (Flom) takeover of Garlock (Lipton), where the term 'Saturday Night .........' was coined to describe Colt's lightning raid.

(a) Fever
(b) Live
(c) Poker
(d) Special

ESL/EFL Test #304 "Business buzzwords: Lost horizons", answer 3

Marty Lipton and Joseph Flom's first big tender fight was the $84 million Colt (Flom) takeover of Garlock (Lipton), where the term 'Saturday Night Special' was coined to describe Colt's lightning raid.

Correct answer: (d) Special
_________________________

what's the meaning of saturday night special

Liman
Liman

What's the meaning of saturday night special? #2 (permalink) Sat Apr 26, 2008 22:21 pm   What's the meaning of saturday night special?

.
A lightning raid. It is also slang for a cheap hand gun, the sort often used in the US for crimes, since they are easily available.
.
_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
meaning of "parallel suit"Why some exercises in the elementary section are SO difficult?approaching the business end of the seasonWhat does business class mean?business cards vs. business studiesthe subject of a sentence may be what parts of speech?What is the meaning of 'to-go specialist'?trainees vs trainersabout vs. concerningmeaning of "keeps his nose clean"using the following words or subordinating conjuctions after, although, as...What does 'annoying' mean?What does this mean: to feel like a fish out of the water?