unit of time equal to 60 seconds; 1/60 of an hour; memo; protocol; memorandum
system
minute
garment
tender

ASVAB Forum and ASVAB vocabulary tests

ESL Forums | Preparation forum for the GMAT® Test and MBA Community
Online / Mobile Test Prep?? | ebook link to download the Gmat® official Review
ASVAB Forum and ASVAB vocabulary tests #1 (permalink) Tue Feb 22, 2005 17:29 pm   ASVAB Forum and ASVAB vocabulary tests

ASVAB stands for Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery.
It is a multi-aptitude test you can take at over 14,000 schools throughout the US. The ASVAB is adminstered and maintained by the Department of Defense.
The areas are critical for your ASVAB scores:

• Arithmetic Reasoning
  • Mathematics Knowledge
  • Paragraph Comprehension
  • Word Knowledge

If you take the ASVAB your scores in the above mentioned sections count towards your Armed Forces Qualifying Test (AFQT) score. The AFQT score determines whether you're qualified to enlist in the U.S. military.

Linda Arlia, an ESL trainer from Canada, has created a word list containing ASVAB vocabulary and you take these tests here:
http://www.english-test.net/asvab/

If you want to work with us just like Linda, you can read the information below:
http://www.english-test.net/esl-jobs/

Your english-test.net team

TOEIC listening, photographs: Motocross

Hello #2 (permalink) Tue May 31, 2005 3:56 am   Hello

I am taking the practice asvab this week and then taking the real one with a day or two later. i need help or tips on how to ace it.

If anyone has anything that can help me, that would be greatly appriecated. my email address is:
k_poohbear3@yahoo.com
k_poohbear3

ASVAB Test Preparation — Improve your Score with 60 free ASVAB Vocabulary TestsASVAB Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise ASVAB scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportASVAB Flashcards — A proven flashcard system of over 340 cards will help you learn the key topics covered on the ASVAB Click Here to Read More
Hello #3 (permalink) Tue Jun 06, 2006 14:06 pm   Hello

you know what. VE part of the whole version of the test is the most significant. If you gained low scores in the parts of word problems plus pharagraph comprehension, your percentile score of AFQT would result in a low mark, which could fail you to enlist at a single stroke. Math part is also important but does not affect as much as VE part the AFQT percentile score as a result. Let's say you gave correct answers to 100% of math part, and lost over 60 % of VE part, you would abso-xyz-lutely fail. To the contrary, if you lost over 60% of Math part, and answered 100% of VE part correctly, you would defi-xyz-nately pass. This seems designed unfavorable for immigrants who never learned, practiced, or used english words that would scarcely be encountered in their casual lives. So, if the test takers are natives, they will surely pass without working fuking hard.

k_poohbear3 wrote:

k_poohbear3@yahoo.com
Imyf77

I need help #4 (permalink) Tue Sep 26, 2006 22:26 pm   I need help

im having a problem too.only thing is i had an asvab book and i studied all the words and none of the words were on the pre test.then my skills in math are pretty bad so i decided to get a tutor.my recruiter just told me to find some ne words.are the words on this site on the asvab or close to the ones on the asvab.if not what can i do? :(
Jelle07

ASVAB Forum and ASVAB vocabulary tests #5 (permalink) Wed Nov 29, 2006 0:43 am   ASVAB Forum and ASVAB vocabulary tests

I tried signing up for OCS (Officer Candidate School) with the Army... took the ASVAB and got an overall score of 99 (even though I had no idea about engines, electronics, or several other topics that were covered in the test... which made me wonder how I got a 99).

Then I had to open my big mouth and mention my asthma as a kid, and was given my walking papers. lol

...probably a blessing in disguise, though at the time I was pissed. I remember thinking, "Let me help run a military hospital or something -- am I really going to be sleeping in hay every night or running ten-mile sprints through moldy forests?" (the asthma is still occasionally triggered by allergens).

Moral of the story:

Keep your mouth shut -- do not volunteer information unless you are asked.
_________________
Billie Jean is not my lover. Hee.
Prezbucky

Location: Nashville, TN (USA)

ASVAB Forum and ASVAB vocabulary tests #6 (permalink) Tue May 13, 2008 4:48 am   ASVAB Forum and ASVAB vocabulary tests

.
Does anyone besides me see a difference between 'exhaustingly complete' and 'exhaustively complete'? :lol:
.
_________________

ASVAB Forum and ASVAB vocabulary tests #7 (permalink) Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:58 am   ASVAB Forum and ASVAB vocabulary tests

I don't understand the difference...is there one? i usually use the latter
Knightpraetor

ASVAB Forum and ASVAB vocabulary tests #8 (permalink) Sat Feb 07, 2009 22:03 pm   ASVAB Forum and ASVAB vocabulary tests

could anyone send me some better link for gmat prepatation??? my email adress is babu4165@yahoo.com
Tasbir4165

I need help #9 (permalink) Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:45 am   I need help

Well there are some..All you really have to do is READ READ READ..Its Worked for me!
Also Remember when Taking the real ASVAB test Just rember its ONLY a TEST!its not the end of the world..You have plenty of time to after you take your first one or second one to study..I actually thought the real thing was much easier than the one they give you at the recruiters office.
Solrac014

ASVAB Forum and ASVAB vocabulary tests #10 (permalink) Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:22 am   ASVAB Forum and ASVAB vocabulary tests

What is the best way, to get better in word knowledge, I mean one in million chance of the word i study will come. I mean with world i never here before, I mean pre-fix and suffix, doesn't work for me. english is my second language, spanish is my first.
any recomendation i will really appreciate it.
I believe this page is very good compare to other I mean.

what recomendation you can give me for the part reading part, sometime there word i dont understand of the four.

any one know the best way to guest in that situation.

thanks.
USAForce82

ASVAB Forum and ASVAB vocabulary tests #11 (permalink) Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:24 am   ASVAB Forum and ASVAB vocabulary tests

where is here i can practice the part for arithmetic and math knowledge, I am not good in world problem, any suggestion that can help me.
thanks, and good night people.

looking my future in armed force,
USAForce82

ASVAB Forum and ASVAB vocabulary tests #12 (permalink) Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:42 am   ASVAB Forum and ASVAB vocabulary tests

Can any body hint me n how to score the highest score possible in the ASVAB test?
Also, I studied the asvab very well for two weeks and i did very well but, on taking the real asvab test i got 30%. what went wrong?

I will be grateful if anyone can help. my e-mail, bluefanatic99@yahoo.com
SkillfulJoe

ASVAB: Meaning of abdicate #13 (permalink) Fri Mar 05, 2010 15:47 pm   ASVAB: Meaning of abdicate

I've just done the ASVAB test M19 question 7.

In question 7 the definition of "abtdicate" was asked.
The right answer was: abdicate="to formally take over high power, office or responsibility"

I am somehow confused about the expression of "take over" in the given context.
Should "give up" be used here instead?

Would the right defenition of abdicate be: to formally give up high power, office or responsibility?

Bernd
HersheySoldier

Location: Farchant, Germany

ASVAB Forum and ASVAB vocabulary tests #14 (permalink) Fri Jul 09, 2010 16:20 pm   ASVAB Forum and ASVAB vocabulary tests

I have an application in my iphone with 600 vocabulary words + 300 from this site + audio lessons on my ipod. Hope i'll do my best on real asvab. The only one thing has working - studying...
Motobosss

ASVAB Forum and ASVAB vocabulary tests #15 (permalink) Thu Dec 23, 2010 14:58 pm   ASVAB Forum and ASVAB vocabulary tests

Hello Friends,
I have GMAT Offical 10 , 11, 12 edition E Book .

Drop me a mail at firjal2010@gmail.com . i will send you the E Book
Firjal2010

ESL Forums | Preparation forum for the GMAT® Test and MBA Community All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Latest topics on ASVAB Test Forums
Truck company should pay more tax than railways companyWill reducing sugar resolve the trade deficit?Please help me rate this analytical writing - The Apogee CompanyPreparing for my MBALittle Known Ways to Clear GMAT® ExamsHow to prepare for my MBA?GRE® or GMAT® in my case. please help me!!!Statement of Purpose Sample for all programStatement of Purpose for Finance (sample)There is only one definition of success—to be able to spend your life in your ownPlease review the topic and suggest me any modifications are required.Improve your grammar: I worked very hard over the last year for GMAT®...online Universities for MBA?